• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't ya just hate it when a Cherry Pick gets delivered...

13 posts in this topic

To the wrong house.  Yup, anxiously awaiting a recent purchase, I see the out for delivery notation in the tracking then check the mail every 20 minutes and nothing.  A few hours later checked tracking again and see it now reads Delivered at or in mail box.  Did I miss her?  A quick check of the box and NO it's not in there.  I called the post office but alas I have perhaps the worst post office in the entire state.  Nobody ever answers the phone period.  Even with the anticipated wait time of 30-50 minutes by minute 53 still no answer.   Worst reviews online ever (see Mt. Clemens Michigan Post office)

So I drive up there, wait for 30 minutes for a delivery supervisor to come to the front counter.  She tells me well, it says delivered did you check your mailbox?  Gee, why hadn't I thought of that? I then noticed on their run sheet it says " Geo Tracking Data available.  I ask her to check that and she returns 20 minutes later.  Per the Geo data, she tells me it was delivered to the wrong house, and she'd called the carrier to go get it and deliver it to me.  The last update I got when I drove back up there for a status was that  nobody was home.  I did get a return call from the little man behind the closed doors, think Wizard of Oz.  He called to tell me he wrote down my tracking number wrong and wanted me to call him...Ha, remember they don't answer the phone, so I drove up there again to provide the tracking number...again.

Not sure what happens from here, but I'm guessing it ain't gonna make it.  I am trying to get the address and can go get it myself.  Meanwhile I'm going to try and have them remove the Delivered statement.  This was an Ebay purchase. 

That sucks. I've had a similar issue. It took a few days longer, but they found it. The carrier had it in her truck. It got stuck behind the seat. Have them recheck the truck if they still can't find it. I know you can also file a case through the UPS. I did it and they were actually pretty attentive and things moved quickly (and this was during the Christmas Holiday season).

Good luck.

How many of my International lots have been stolen just after clearing Customs in NYC? Or, the $3200 coin (worth 30K!!!) sent from England via eBay's Int'l Shipping Program, which gets clipped just after clearing Customs-no accountability for packages that should've been sent Registered...

Oh, and here's a Great One on case you didn't know: Coins cannot be sent Insured with your expecting to win a Claim filed for Damage, or Loss

5 hours ago, allmine said:

Oh, and here's a Great One on case you didn't know: Coins cannot be sent Insured with your expecting to win a Claim filed for Damage, or Loss

what?

I had an 1807 CBH I sold on eBay. When it arrived, it seemed that someone took a metal pole and banged the package with one end of it, and bent the coin. Sent Insured $400, the USPS offered  me $14.75 to settle and they get to keep the coin. The funny thing was, I received more on eBay for it damaged than I did undamaged. And make no mistake, my P.O. knows exactly what business I'm in and have an idea of the things I mail, and never said a word

I have never lost an item or had a parcel go missing from my local post office or UPS store.  The local distribution hub in a neighboring city is a somewhat different story, and though the dysfunction isn't as bad as the op's po, it can be hard to reach them for whatever reason.  It sounds very frustrating. 

I had an $800 plus parcel go missing a few months ago on the way to FL, no tracking after Stamford, CT.  I worked up the chain of command as usps, finally got a contact from the postal inspector, suspected theft.  

I've never experienced the problems you're facing in this postal fiasco.  I sure hope it plays out in your favor.  However; I'm very curious to the Cherrypick that you bought...what the heck did you get that would provoke you to the point of posting your grievance?  Maybe a '61 proof Benjamin DDR, or, a '71-D Washie DDR?

Please tell!     

Recently I thought I lost a coin after tracking it to delivery but I did not receive it. About a week later I went to the post office and they had my coin. An attempted delivery happened but they did not leave a card. Good thing I was watching.

No update to report, I split to Disney World June 23rd, back  mid July with a mail hold in place.  Its a potential Lincoln variety, sold one before at $1,500.