• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

online database

4 posts in this topic

I'm new to this, what is a good low cost online data base to track my small us coin collection, maybe one that integrates with a value database

Welcome to the forums! 

Are your coins certified all by NGC? If so, the Registry here is a great tool. 

If your coins are certified by PCGS, they also have a similar registry. 

If you have a mix of slabs and raw, there is not currently an online database that integrates with a valuation (and raw coins are harder to value). You could try a photo hosting site, or Collective Coin (although that website is currently changing ownership and its status isn't fully certain). 

Honestly, an Excel (or similar) spreadsheet is one of the best tools for tracking a collection. It is easily and infinitely customizable, and won't ever go out of business. That's what I use. 

20 hours ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

If you have a mix of slabs and raw, there is not currently an online database that integrates with a valuation

Actually, NGC's collection manager does allow any TPG and raw coins to be added to your collection, you just can't use them for a competitive registry set. It will also automatically value them based on the other TPG's grade or your own personal grade for raw coins. 

Yes, I just discovered this when i obtained a PCGS coin and thought I'd try to add it to my collection manager - expecting not to have that option - but was pleasantly surprised that the registry does accept them and values them.  Good to know

DUK