• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Certs 1942/43 Wrong Planchet Cents

4 posts in this topic

It's interesting story. However, it makes me wondering if Mint employee accidentally (may be on purposed) to put the foreign planchet on belt or in press machine? I couldn't see how it is possible that the foreign planchet gotten in the US Mint building.. I hope someone can explaining about it. 

11 hours ago, A.Phillips said:

It's interesting story. However, it makes me wondering if Mint employee accidentally (may be on purposed) to put the foreign planchet on belt or in press machine? I couldn't see how it is possible that the foreign planchet gotten in the US Mint building.. I hope someone can explaining about it. 

In the past the United States has struck coins for Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Belgian Congo, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Fiji, France, French Indo-China, Greenland, Guatemala, Hawaii, Honduras, Israel, Liberia, Mexico, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands East Indies, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, El Salvador, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Surinam, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand and Venezuela.