• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1946 PDS Roosevelts for a 1946 - 1964 toner Whitman album

2 posts in this topic

Ahhhh, the vagaries of chance.  I hadn't particularly been planning on building a Roosevelt album.  Then one day (about 3 years ago) when I was in a local B&M, a person came in and sold an old 1946 - 1964 Whitman Roosevelt album to the shop owner.  After the seller left I asked to see the album.  Given the potential of a quick flip the shop owner offered me a reasonable price.  The album was missing about 15% of the coins.  Of those in the album, a decent percentage of the coins were very attractive, and another chunk were nice enough looking that I decided WTF, and got the album.  I then used that album as the basis of building my own 1946 - 1964 Whitman album.  It's still a work in progress, but it's getting complete enough to start showing some of the date sets.  Here's the 1946 PDS group.  The D is from the "original" album.  The images are by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

bc1946_rRO2o1t.jpg

bc1946_rRO2r1t.jpg

bc1946D_rRO1o4.jpg

bc1946D_rRO1r4.jpg

bc1946S_rRO2o5.jpg

bc1946S_rRO2r2.jpg

Like the "P" and the "S" but the "D" seems to be a victim of acid rain or something.  Roosies are fun to collect.