• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proof like appearance as mirror shade on both surfaces there check it out

34 posts in this topic

Proof like appearance as mirror shade of natural shining luster right on both surfaces which is beautiful high grade to be honest with you

Please check it out on the scans below and let me knows of what you think later there20170425_134143_opt.thumb.jpg.54f72daa6c4bd8a1a9cdee8548879835.jpg

20170425_134453_opt.thumb.jpg.702963756ee911dfefb2a08d788d93ca.jpg

20170425_135026_opt.thumb.jpg.235c1295670af144ab3fd9708ff3c776.jpg

" Proof like appearance as mirror shade of natural shining luster right on both surfaces which is beautiful high grade to be honest with you"

Ummm, can someone please translate? I don't understand the question/answer/statement.

I agree with both Woody and RWB... that is a proof (so mirrors are expected), and I'm not sure what the question is? 

Those appear to be somewhat weak mirrors, and there is a lot of milk spotting on the reverse (that cloudiness around the devices at the bottom). The pictures are out of focus, but I'd probably grade it Proof-64 or 65 (the milk spots limit the grade to a max of 65). There appears to be no cameo contrast on that coin, it is a fully brilliant proof. 

This is what you would likely find in a so called sealed manila envelope with 5 coins inside a polyethylene flat pack commonly referred to as common brilliant proofs. Average grade of larger coins would be Pf 64 to Pf 65 with as many as 5 percent showing some degree of cameo contrast and this is not one of the latter. We could estimate that a couple million are left like this one.

Someone would say its must be the proof silver coin as expect but it is confirmed to be normal silver coin because proof coins would not change to blue shade on the surfaces and its reflection right from my blue shirt while taking pictures beside that myself has asked some coin dealer experts their confirmed it is not proof but normal silver coin to be honest with you there

A mint state (circ) coin would not have mirror surface in the devices. A PL mint state coin would only have the field mirrored. This is because the pl occurs

from polishing of the flat of the die (or top). Looks like a normal proof to me. There are other diagnostics for a proof that a real expert would know. I am not one.

6 hours ago, Thecollectible said:

Someone would say its must be the proof silver coin as expect but it is confirmed to be normal silver coin because proof coins would not change to blue shade on the surfaces and its reflection right from my blue shirt while taking pictures beside that myself has asked some coin dealer experts their confirmed it is not proof but normal silver coin to be honest with you there

It is a Proof coin and many Proof coins display a pale blue shade, like seen in your photos.

13 hours ago, Thecollectible said:

beside that myself has asked some coin dealer experts their confirmed it is not proof but normal silver coin to be honest with you there

I would not recommend doing business with these "experts" in the future..... They either don't know what they are talking about, or are lying to you. 

The actual shade of these silver coin is silvery transparent white likes mirror in the house and you can see your eyes ears and mouth clearly right in front of the surfaces which is so shining without extra white layer on the surface portion compare with the other proof coins which comes with the extra white layer on surface portion to be honest there however these coin is even more shining after comparison with other for the same date of normal and proof coins that available at the local dealers within the cities in my country there

These silver coin is one of the most shining silver coin that I have ever seen so far being as collector for many years

However the pictures of these coins to be taken again until the correct actual shade then will be posted to these topic

Your half dollar is clearly a proof coin. It is not a "proof-like circulation coin."

If you will take the time to write clear sentences and use punctuation, you will find members very helpful. However, your wordy, punctuation-free, grammar-less philippics do nothing to indicate someone who will listen or understand the responses.

The latest pictures of these coin which have been taken once again without blue toning shade to show everyone whether its normal or proof or not from the obvious scans for sure that you can notice and see for the super shining luster keep rotating on the surfaces which underneath white bright light eventually more shining than the rest of those silver normal and proof coins after comparisan with as many possible few hundred pieces of my research

Predict you will never believe of what you actually looking at when you see the shining appearance of real coin in front of you when view by your own naked eyes because the beautiful shade

Please check it out on the latest scans below and hopefully most of you that realise something there

20170428_144356_opt.jpg.d88d69bbe211d5e0b3f35d3e29d55acb.jpg

20170428_150023_opt.jpg.6d8b56119f0aa1596e06111b8782da1d.jpg

20170428_151735_opt.jpg.184e2c2e9c376dd01c47e5c0888aa7b5.jpg

Your research is flawed. The two coins on the left are certified as to proof (top) and mint state (bottom) Now, look at the rims. What category does your coin exhibit?

proof 1961.jpg

Rather than repeating the same thing, maybe the OP can sent his coin to NGC for an independent assessment. They are fully qualified to determine if it is a proof coin or a "proof-like" piece issued for circulation.

23 minutes ago, RWB said:

Rather than repeating the same thing, maybe the OP can sent his coin to NGC for an independent assessment. They are fully qualified to determine if it is a proof coin or a "proof-like" piece issued for circulation.

Course, that would be the 'logical' thing to do but why not save the OP the trouble of sending in a common dated Franklin proof that would get no more than a PR65 grade?

4 hours ago, WoodenJefferson said:

Course, that would be the 'logical' thing to do but why not save the OP the trouble of sending in a common dated Franklin proof that would get no more than a PR65 grade?

It appears that members here and  on PCGS boards have been trying to help the OP do just that. But, the OP has not listened very well...or maybe it is a language thing. Possibly, by posting in his native language, the OP could communicate better?

10 hours ago, WoodenJefferson said:

We've tried that and he would rather believe we are wrong  so it it is time for him to pony up and let the TPG decide which of us is right, him or all the rest of us.

Its not myself not accepting that the fact these is confirm to be silver proof coin but there are couple reasons to prove to everyone these is certainly for sure not proof coin to be honest because these silver coin has few contact marks appear on surface without cameo layers brown rusty on the reeded edge instead of no contact marks appear on surface with cameo layers and clean reeded edge appear right on proof coins normally there

The real problem is for these normal silver coin strike with proof like appearance has changed to proof coin eventually can changes to other shade when every picture is taken exactly likes the first three of the pictures taken for these topic previously no matter which angle that tried to capture the true correct actual shade of these coin surely it changes to little bit difference from proof like has became real proof appearance on surfaces of these coin but the shade looks slightly difference when view it by my own naked eyes in reality the fact is up to you choose to believe me to be honest with you

Perhap would listen to the suggestion send these coin for grading and certification purpose right at coin grading company waiting for few months in return for the result or you are welcome to come to meet me somewhere else within the famous world laughing third world nation then both of us to meet each other and show these interesting coin to you for your examination and you can realise there

2 hours ago, Thecollectible said:

Someone has mentioned there is slight difference feathers amount of eagle on reverse side right on normal and proof

http://www.franklinlover.yolasite.com/type-1-and-2.php

Yes, yes there were different eagles between the business struck coins and proofs. Your eagle on that 1961 Franklin definitively identifies it as a proof because it has a Type II eagle. Case closed and so am I.

eagle I.JPG

The final conclusion is might be mints regular business strike from the polish proof die version of what myself believe

However myself decided to send these beautiful silver coin to these company for grading purpose and wait for result

Surely come back to show everyone later after receive it again from oversea respect my thought without arguement

5 hours ago, Thecollectible said:

The final conclusion is might be mints regular business strike from the polish proof die version of what myself believe

However myself decided to send these beautiful silver coin to these company for grading purpose and wait for result

Surely come back to show everyone later after receive it again from oversea respect my thought without arguement

Please post the results when they come back. 

Ahhh...now I see! The OP's communication is entirely based on allegories from Tamarian folklore. Here's Star Trek dialog:

TROI: The Tamarian ego structure does not seem to allow what we normally think of as self-identity. Their ability to abstract is highly unusual. They seem to communicate through narrative imagery—by reference to the individuals and places which appear in their mytho-historical accounts.

TROI: It’s as if I were to say to you “Juliet. On her balcony.”

BEVERLY: An image of romance.

TROI: Exactly. Image is everything to the Tamarians.

Thus, from other collectors to the OP: "Temba, his arms wide."