• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auction - Chicago

5 posts in this topic

Looks like the Heritage auction in Chicago is going well. From the series I follow - strong prices for quality coins. I lost out on four of four that I bid on, but that's how it goes. One I tried to raise my bid, but must have been a fraction of a second late. I guess the electrons flowing my my house move a bit slower these days.

anyone pick up anything special?

Wow, 240k for the GB 1826 proof set. I think the 1893 was 65k.  Plus the juice! The 1842 half crown I might have been interested in went for too high at 3300 incl. the juice; I say that because equivalent examples are available in the 1800-2200 range.... Still, hate to let anything go. Trying to figure out if the 1918KN penny was a real sale or did not reach minimum.

I was watching a few of the other auctions. The Mexican coins seems to be going for strong prices (almost all of them were above the high estimate). 

And then we came to Morocco, where I stomp around a bit. I've been watching this lot for several months now - the seller had it on Ebay for a long time, at a really, *really* high price. When I saw it come up on Heritage, I knew I had to shoot for it. I was pleased that it actually came in below the low estimate! I have high hopes for this lot, even though the green on a couple of them may need attention. These each have mintages of 104, so they are really scarce. 

They are also each the highest graded example for each type.... so there's that....

https://coins.ha.com/itm/morocco/morocco-french-protectorate-eight-piece-piefort-essai-denomination-set-ah-1361-1372-1942-1953-total-8-coins-/a/3054-31178.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116