• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1983 Cent

5 posts in this topic

New to the whole coin thing. I have a 1983 cent that looks worn and silver in places. Probably acid dipped. It is missing the rim. I don't think it has value, but would love some input, thanks!

IMG_9361.JPG

IMG_9362.JPG

The modern cent (since mid 1982) is made of zinc with a copper coating. The piece you have has post mint mint damage and has no collector value. The piece may have been dropped in a parking lot and run over a few times there by grinding the surfaces into the pavement. The copper coating was removed and the zinc below it exposed.

On 8/7/2021 at 10:56 AM, James Zyskowski said:

Is this slick hector John waynee?

By checking the dates of the thread entries this is an old thread that a spam bot brought up, the op was a one and done long gone.

I do that when I’m in my garage and I’m bored then I throw them on street they get picked up by tires left in the parking lot for some lonely soul to find them and post them on here :insane:

Edited by Jason Abshier