• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is is possible to have a "holder check" done?

2 posts in this topic

I just purchased a 1 oz gold panda coin on ebay. I verified the NGC certification on the NGC website and the photos match the coin I purchased, so I'm assuming the coin I purchased is authentic. Just to be sure, is there a service that NGC offers, where I can send the coin/holder in and have NGC validate that, yes, this is our holder and it hasn't been tampered with, without them opening the holder. If there is a problem, I would like to send it back to the dealer in the exact same condition I received it in. If it is an NCG holder and everything checks out, I would then like to upgrade to a scratch-resistant holder. Can't figure out how to do this on the NGC website and I have received two different answers from the NGC reps. 

I asked PCGS the same question and they were a bit more clear. They said I should check "other" and write in "please check holder." Could I simply do that with NGC? I'm not as concerned with upgrading the holder as I am ensuring my purchase. The upgraded holder would just be nice to have. 

• Administrator

Thank you for your question.  Please submit the coin for the reholder service, please note that you do not need to chose a grading tier.  If there are not any issues with the coin or holder we will perform the reholder service and mail the coin back to you. If you simply want to have the coin and holder verified please email photos of the obverse, reverse and sides to consumerawareness@ngccoin.com. If our team can make a determination from the photos you will not have to send the coin in. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our customer service team at 800-642-2646.