• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC pictures

14 posts in this topic

I didn't want to hijack a different thread so I started a new one. I just found NGC's Instagram and the picture quality is freaking awesome! Does NGC offer something similar to PCGS' true views? People go nuts for true views but Im personally not fond of them, I don't think they represent the actual look very well, just my opinion. NGC' on the other hand I would pay for!

Nick

I have been disappointed by how PCGS coins look on their site versus in hand. The photos must be "juiced" in some way. Although, it depends on the coin, some photos look more accurate.

Yeah, I agree with you on this one. I assume that PCGS use the Adobe PhotoShop to make the coin looks prettier on image.

$65 for the pictures? Hoo boy, that is not what I would call competitive pricing! I can think of a dozen really good photographers who take amazing shots for a fraction of that price.

Also, anyone have a link to the photo albums you are talking about?

$65 for the pictures? Hoo boy, that is not what I would call competitive pricing! I can think of a dozen really good photographers who take amazing shots for a fraction of that price.

$65 is for the photos plus a laminated print of the images together with an historical write up on the coin and design. NGC calls this service "Photo Proof"...Regular high quality images are $15 as David Lange stated.

Link here.

Are people incapable of Googling something to learn more before they spout off about it?

$65 is for the photos plus a laminated print of the images together with an historical write up on the coin and design. NGC calls this service "Photo Proof"...Regular high quality images are $15 as David Lange stated.

Link here.

Are people incapable of Googling something to learn more before they spout off about it?

I think we all went to the link supplied by the NGC poster. There should be a link there with more info. Too much googling creates global warming.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

To clarify, Photo Proof is an 11" x 17" portfolio presentation that, when folded, measures 8.5" x 11." It includes basic historical text about the coin type that is pre-written, as well as a customized description of the particular specimen that is written for the coin's submitter. The text is combined with large, high-resolution photos of both sides, along with two detail shots of significant features of that particular coin. The completed print-out is then laminated for durability and stain resistance.

NGC has been creating Photo Proofs since 1994, though they are rarely seen by anyone other than the submitter or, if he or she is a dealer, their customer. That's why PP is not widely known in the hobby.

Link here.

$65 is still expensive. If I recall correctly, I think I have seen large blow ups offered for about half of that from a respected coin photographer (minus the historical text).

Link here.

$65 is still expensive. If I recall correctly, I think I have seen large blow ups offered for about half of that from a respected coin photographer (minus the historical text).

The price is what it is Kenny, I'm not here to argue whether it's expensive or not...I certainly wouldn't pay that for what you get with this service. But, the "Photo Proof" service is not just photos as a couple other posters were insinuating. That was my point.