• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish this place could get back on track.

77 posts in this topic

Go to the bottom of thread where the typing box is. Switch to FULL REPLY

Below the new type box look for File Manager link in crimson letters

Browse to the file you want to add

Click add file

Click done adding files

Post the letters you want people to read with your pic in the type box

Post.

Thank you for the information!!!

Just testing.

Hmmm. While everything worked the way you said it would, the "pop-up" would only allow a 200 K file maximum. That's interesting in that almost all the files I post on Photobucket are in the 500 K range, and when I use Photobucket's IMG "function" to paste to here I do NOT have that data limitation. It would be nice if the Powers That Be on these boards would increase the data limit above 200 K, as I strongly suspect most people here have fairly "heavy" image data files.

Yea, the file mngr does'nt work for me. My pictures, as of late, are taken with my phone, transferred to my samsung note, which I now use 99% of the time. Uploading from it is very helpful with that type of software. But trying to resize pictures can be quite the hassle. My phone takes large size pics as its HD. To resize to 200mb would require buying an app software for my note and not really worth it for me. Thats why I'm more of a replyer to posts than an OP anymore.

Yea, the file mngr does'nt work for me. My pictures, as of late, are taken with my phone, transferred to my samsung note, which I now use 99% of the time. Uploading from it is very helpful with that type of software. But trying to resize pictures can be quite the hassle. My phone takes large size pics as its HD. To resize to 200mb would require buying an app software for my note and not really worth it for me. Thats why I'm more of a replyer to posts than an OP anymore.

You can set the size of the photo before taking the pic.

Are we back on track yet?

Yes, as we established in the last three threads about the subject, the HPA... Just kidding... :devil::)

That is good. I am glad we can now joke about it, and manage to confine one of our exchanges to less than epic proportions.

Yes, as we established in the last three threads about the subject, the HPA... Just kidding... :devil::)

That is good. I am glad we can now joke about it, and manage to confine one of our exchanges to less than epic proportions.

Coming soon, to a theater near you.... the epic tale of a coin forum and its struggle.... Watch as hobbyists fight to be heard.... Relive the tortured arguments.... Listen as wise sages offer unheeded guidance.... Choose to fight with reason against trolls... how will it end? .... Portrayed in magnificent Technicolor..... The Collector Society Forums.

What would it take to bring folks back here and start posting again?

Responding in a kind way to those "newbies" who have genuine interest in collecting coins. It's quite simple- just respond kindly, and guide new posters to an understanding with what they have, and encourage them to ask more questions. Do we need a "golden rule"?

Coming soon, to a theater near you.... the epic tale of a coin forum and its struggle.... Watch as hobbyists fight to be heard.... Relive the tortured arguments.... Listen as wise sages offer unheeded guidance.... Choose to fight with reason against trolls... how will it end? .... Portrayed in magnificent Technicolor..... The Collector Society Forums.

I wonder if the new forum will make a difference? Will there be a like feature on everyone's posts? That might help expose lurkers and show this forum gets a decent audience.

I wonder if the new forum will make a difference? Will there be a like feature on everyone's posts? That might help expose lurkers and show this forum gets a decent audience.

I would hope that any new software would include modern features such as "like" and "tag" and "convenient photo uploading." It might be too much to ask for "convenient video uploading" like other sites have... we don't want to go too far.

Ten years ago when these boards switched to this new software, it was really nice. It was sleek and modern. It was cool. But times have changed.

I guess I must be the problem, so I will take my leave.

I hope you didn't get that from my post. I was riffing on your permission to joke, and your mention of epic arguments. Please don't leave. I realize that we've been antagonists in the past, but a bit of healthy counterpoint is good. We just have different opinions.

I like all the posters here, no one is "the problem". Just enjoy the hobby, if you aren't enjoying it, take a break or try others. There are way too many shows for the current level of interest, I don't know why that is. I went to a show on Sunday and one of the main dealers there said in many months I was his only buyer together with another guy from my town.

I use an LG G4. Don't see any settings to change pixel/size settings.

It appears that option was removed from the G4.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/570594-there-way-change-size-picture-camera.html

If you get the google camera app it will allow you to change it. Its a little less cumbersome than an editor app. That being said they should raise the limit from 200kb here. That is somewhat small even for jpgs considering its a coin forum and we want to see details.

It appears that option was removed from the G4.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/570594-there-way-change-size-picture-camera.html

If you get the google camera app it will allow you to change it. Its a little less cumbersome than an editor app. That being said they should raise the limit from 200kb here. That is somewhat small even for jpgs considering its a coin forum and we want to see details.

Well I really don't need any picture re-sizing app for any other forums that use. I just hope that NGC's new software will just catch up with the times. A lot of us are old time pc users, but the new wave use for younger people are strictly smartphones. Websites need/should adapt to this concept as it is the new way of technology.

When you are challenged by new fangled do-dads and shiny buttons, your level of confidence bar is lowered to limbo level, been there done that. Change is hard to adapt to and even harder when you get older.

This is a cyclic hobby that seems to swap ends about every 10 years or so, waning and ebbing much to the chagrin of the enthusiast. If you can ride it out, you'll already be here when it comes back.

Happy Collecting!