• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Grading error?

11 posts in this topic

Firet post here..

I bought a 2016 Mexico 2-Coin Silver Libertad Proof/Reverse Proof Set set and sent it in for grading about three weeks ago, Well, It's on its way back and the grades are live. (Below)

My question is way is one graded prooflike? Also, why is the Reverse Proof not listed? I saw this online a couple weeks ago and called and emailed to make sure they knew the these were a proof and Reverse Proof limited set. (1000 minted) How can a widely known proof coin be graded prooflike. It could be graded lower but it's still a proof.

Am I missing something?

001 2016MO MEXICO SILVER 1 Onza PL 70

002 2016MO MEXICO SILVER 1 Onza PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO

Just seems strange even though it's a great grade..A Proof is a proof and these are definitely a proof and Reverse Proof..Don't understand the Prooflike grade..

I explained what they were on the paperwork, email, and with customer service..NGC should know..Pics of the actual Libs below..

I'm certain Alan knows better than I but when NGC makes an error (in this case I think they did not) they will correct the error at no cost to you.

Just for future reference.

I never liked the term "reverse proof." It makes no sense if you think about what a proof coin is. Refer to the finish as "reverse cameo," "negative cameo," or "backwards shiny" for all I care, but it is a proof or prooflike coin regardless of the reflectivity of specific parts of the coin.