• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fraud help

6 posts in this topic

hello, i am currently being scammed on ebay. the seller sent me a package full of junk instead of the coins in these auctions. does anyone know where to track down the real owners or whereabouts of the coins in the pictures used to prove he is a fraud? he is currently trying to claim im doing a switch. i know ebay buyer protection covers this, but would like to cover my butt for the case. any help would be appreciated

165675.jpg.8ebe4d1bd9ea509e0abf2df4befc4932.jpg

165676.jpg.74eb19b5fe823b1d6b3f5b920b5e9767.jpg

165677.jpg.25e25d120a483c03a3978c66c49e25b4.jpg

165678.jpg.a01d0b562650497e8de876ecfe679cc1.jpg

I would call ebay about it if you haven't already. Some sites offer auction history of coins that are certified. I don't know whether track and price would help, ebay only goes back 90 days usually; pictures can be obtained in numerous ways.

You can always file a SNAD Significantly Not As Described claim. Unless you have supporting info about the seller's history, it's your word against his/theirs.Based on the info presented, I wouldn't know which party to believe. A call to eBay should be your first play.

Contact Paypal and Ebay IMMEDIATELY. Take images of what you received in the package.

I agree with the above.

Also, depending upon what was substituted for the coins, if you still have the package and, based on the amount of postage paid, you can determine the weight of what was shipped, it could be of help.