• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revised appearance of other message boards

22 posts in this topic

Many posters here also view and post on the PCGS boards. I was wondering how they feel about the revised appearance of the PCGS message board?

No particular reason for the question - just curious.

theres to many kinks in that new pcgs boards and all. yes they are getting them bugs out but what a pain in the rear end right about now. i got all my emails back when i first started there and theres no reason for it. just saying. it seems that any issues are getting resolved quickly. i did notice that some of the old timers are back as well ( which is a good thing )

It's taken some getting used but overall I like it better than the old board. I absolutely love that you can directly attach pictures to a thread, it's such a hassle using the links and sites like photobucket. If NGC ever updates these boards PLEASE make sure you add that feature.

It's better than old one, but the picture posting method is odd. I can only figure out one out of the three ways to do it. Also some of the tool bar items, especially the edit mode (the little gear mark on the right on top of the message) is very small and hard to hit, especially on an iPad.

Overall it's a step up from their old system, but I have always liked this board more. I still like it more.

I like the new site but images load really slow for me. I don't have that problem here and on CT. They also need to fix it to where you can use img codes.

I like the new site but images load really slow for me. I don't have that problem here and on CT. They also need to fix it to where you can use img codes.

They seem to be using HTML code for images.

They seem to be using HTML code for images.

Yes. I had to start using html code. Had to learn how to find it again. For me img works everywhere but there.

I've figured out how to drag images for posting on the ATS site. It's got its advantages, but you still do a lot of mouse pushing. I still don't how to upload Photobucket hosted images, but you really don't need to do that any more over there. They must have access to a storage site with mucho capacity if they are going to host that many images for a long time.

Overall the site is an improvement over the old one, but I still enjoy the company here more.

One poster notes, "The appearance of the forum is 'busy,' which I take to mean cluttered and not presenting a clean visual appearance. The sameness of font and weight, combined with the excessive detail strung across each thread topic, makes it something of an eye test to track items of interest. I also feel the right side information and ad bar is not well separated from the topic list. This also contributes to the clutter and lack of visual focus.

The NGC message board system seems to have a good balance between text size and weight, and a good use of background color/tone to keep adjacent items visually separate. If the page code on NGC is run without the text definitions, it resembles the new PCGS is visual clutter.

I do not like change, especilly when I become comfortable with how things are done, but I understand updating old methods so you learn.

I did learn 'Russ' passed away, an old time boardie from over there, sad.

I signed up ATS last month before the upgrade, and I find it much more user friendly in terms of uploading pictures, and even gifs. Would be nice for NGC to upgrade their forum outlay- changes might attract, and retain a few newbies.

roger that, the slow image load is a real pain, was not like that with their previous version. Otherwise, agree it is a step up.

Best, HT

roger that, the slow image load is a real pain, was not like that with their previous version. Otherwise, agree it is a step up.

Best, HT

If you use the built-in image hosting, the images do tend to be slow-loading.

If you use external hosting (e.g. imgur), images should load as fast as usual.