• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quality Control

21 posts in this topic

How about a coin-related post? Or at least one related to having coins graded... crazy.gif

My submission hit Quality Control yesterday and I've been visiting the on-line status screen every 15 minutes, but it hasn't been finalized yet.

Talk about being anxious. I'm really hoping that NGC doesn't make me wait until Monday to find out the results. That would be too cruel shocked.gif

I also have a couple of coins that have hit Quality Control! I am looking and waiting as well! But NGC has only had my coins working 12 days!! Sure beats PCGS on the time factor!!!

I've got one in there that changed to Quality Control yesterday and it's not done yet. frown.gif On the bright side, another invoice changed to Grading today.

I've got one invoice in there that I am REALLY dying to see the grades. I'm hoping to see some STARS!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

And just a FYI if anyone is interested, the statuses for grading are: Received and Scheduled for Grading, Grading, Quality Control, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped.

I undergo some sort of metamorphosis every time I wait through the stages of a submission online! blush.gif It just isn't fair that I have to wait more than 15 minutes from the time the status reads "grading" to the time it reads "Finalized/imaged /shipped"! wink.gif

Hoot

Mine never hit finalized yesterday mad.gif

Oh well, that definitely gives me something to look forward to on Monday. This submission has several CC dollars I purchased from a board member plus a number of early commem's that I'm really curious to see the grades on.

My last submission had several 'what the hell was I thinking' coins - I'm hoping my eyes have improved since. smirk.gif

And just a FYI if anyone is interested, the statuses for grading are: Received and Scheduled for Grading, Grading, Quality Control, Finalized/Imaged/Shipped.

Thanks for the info - I was actually curious about this because I recently sent in my first submission.

Beijim

Hey! My invoice has been stuck in Quality Control limbo for 3 business days now. shocked.gif

I'm really surprised by that as past experience has seen my invoices in this state for only a day or less. What's changed? Are there that many invoices to review, has there been a quality problem, or is something else causing the delay? mad.gif

What's changed? Submissions are probably up way up. They've been short a few graders due to the shows.

I noticed that QC used to be about 1 day for my invoices also. I've got one that is 3 business days (I think) and tomorrow will be day 4.

No big deal. I at least know that after I get the grades this time, I won't have to re$ubmit them 5 more times to get the real grade.

If you want to be able to monitor your submission you have to check the box that says "show grading" at the top of your form. Then you will be able to log in to the collector's society website and go to the drop down menu for coins and choose "my order status" and it will tell you where your coins are.

• Administrator

Actually the box for "Show Grading" is the box to check when you are using the grading services offered at a trade show.

Twowood, you should be able to monitor all submissions online if you have a paid membership in the Collectors Society. Please pm me with your submission number and I can see why yours is not showing up.

Ahhh - finalized and shipped yesterday. 15 coins on an economy submission with an invoice date of 2/12 - that means is took a total of 24 business days. I'm pretty happy with that.

The results were pretty good too. Some better than expected and some worse, with only one shocker - a bb'd quarter.

Was that the quarter you were telling me you fried up with that morning spam? I thought it was very colorful, but perhaps the grease residue gave it away!

wink.gif

tongue.gif Hoot

OK, I had two more invoices mover to "QC" today. I'm thinking that it will be another year before they are finalized and shipped. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

On 3/14/2003 at 7:29 AM, Weidel Legacy Collection said:

How about a coin-related post? Or at least one related to having coins graded... crazy.gif

My submission hit Quality Control yesterday and I've been visiting the on-line status screen every 15 minutes, but it hasn't been finalized yet.

Talk about being anxious. I'm really hoping that NGC doesn't make me wait until Monday to find out the results. That would be too cruel shocked.gif

In most cases, this takes a day or two. They need to make sure the label is correct on every single letter, then pack and ship it under surveillance. If it is just after holiday season with accumulated work, or some typo found on the label, it will take longer. I did saw some mislabeled early NGC slabs, one of them mistyped 1968 as 1868 - how embrassed would NGC feel give their current status.

I did a short registry set check on the members that attended this post 15 years ago. Some have stopped

adding to their sets a couple years ago. A couple guys are still adding today :  Weidel Legacy Collection and Twowood.

WOW ---- You 2 have been members here a long time and seen this club through many trials and changes.(thumbsu(thumbsu