• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wondering if you like this toning?

8 posts in this topic

It is sorta hard to interpret with that lighting, but it resembles a pattern than can be attractive. I think it looks like there are some reds, blues, and greens mottled around the edges. If so, and if the luster is as strong as it seems to be, this kind of toning can really shine. The speckled look isn't for everyone (and if it is just golds and browns, it isn't really that great).

But, I think that one looks like it is probably attractive.

It would not be my thing. It seems like the toning makes it too hard to see the design.

Unfortunately the Washington - Carver coin might not be a good candidate for "killer toning" because the design was stuck in such low relief.

<a  href=ce0eeb7b-7a84-43e8-a4be-5ecca43de7cc_zps

On most coin types, I would not appreciate this type of color. However, this is very appealing toning for the type, which typically only develops mild coloration. When they do develop toning, it is nearly always mottled like this. Thus, this is a nice coin.