• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1940 PDS B Dansco toner Washingtons

4 posts in this topic

As many of you know, my primary collecting passion these days is space memorabilia. It can be a rather pricey endeavor, so I've focused my disposable income on that collecting field. I still love collecting coins, I just can't afford to collect them in the way I did before I started collecting space memorabilia. Therefore I set myself some limited high grade coin goals, predominantly business strike coins from 1858 and cameo proof (no gold) coins from 1893. That way I still get the thrill of the hunt for tougher coins, but only find one or two a year, if that.

Aside from that, for a much less expensive coin collecting "fix", I've been enjoying collecting Washingtons for well over 5 years now. I collected them both raw and slabbed, and found myself putting together 3 Dansco sets and one primary slabbed set. Aside from my A Dansco, I have only collected Washingtons from 1940 - 1964, as that limited the pricey coins.

I've finished the A and B Dansco sets, as well as the slabbed set. In all of the sets, I've been looking for toned coins, although in certain cases I was willing to go for a white coin. All of the coins in these 3 sets are imaged. So, over the next X months every couple of days I plan to post first the B toner Dansco Washies, then the A toner Dansco Washies and finally the slabbed Washingtons.

A healthy chunk of these coins will have been posted before, but I believe most of them have not been posted before. I hope you enjoy the sets. Here are the B Dansco 1940 PDS Washingtons. The images are by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

bc1940_rWA1o3_zps7b848877.jpgbc1940_rWA1r3_zpsa1b69876.jpg

bc1940D_rWA1o5t_zps1hwk1k8v.jpgbc1940D_rWA1r5t_zpsr3j3sid4.jpg

bc1940S_rWA2o5t_zpsusmna0ea.jpgbc1940S_rWA2r1t_zpsqptoi18q.jpg

Pretty much matched..63's?

Probably. The D might be 58, it's VERY hard to tell. The P could pretty easily go 64 IMO. However, aside from the D, IMO they are not worth slabbing.

BTW, I posted the A Dansco 1940 PDS Washies today, so you should be able to compare the two groups.