• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kryptonitecomics Consignment?

118 posts in this topic

I've had Shane auction off a few of my coins a long time ago. Most recently, I had him auction off about 80 high grade Roosevelt dimes.

The coins were auction back in February/March. I gave Shane a month to allow for returns. Then emailed him about payment, but didn't hear back immediately. On May 14th, I emailed him again. This time he said that he would get the spreadsheet together and get me paid.

Here it is June 4 and I have not heard back from him since. I sent two emails this morning without a response.

Has anyone else had this problem with Kryptonitecomics before?

I have both of his email addresses. But has only responded through eBay messages.

MF: I haven't called him. I don't know his number.

Like I said, he's auctioned off coins for me before. But just won't get back to me about these. We're talking a few thousand dollars.

To add: I'm speculating with this... But my suspicion is that due the there being 80 or so NGC-slabbed coins he's having a hard time figuring out which all belong to my consignment. But even if that is the case, I mean, just tell me something. Don't leave me hanging dude.

Also to add...And this isn't really his problem..but...my plan was to immediately convert the cash into gold. And gold prices went crazy on Friday...best day since I think 2007. I really wouldn't had minded waiting longer if this didn't happen...

1johg3.png

I'm still waiting for him to get back to me about a buyer of a coin he sold 4 years ago.

There was a thread on the PCGS boards a month or two ago....

Someone else was having difficulty getting paid after a LONG time after the sale and no contact.

Some things had been going on and, after the thread and others got informed/involved, it appeared to be working itself out.

If you are having problems, too, then maybe not everything is worked out?

I started sending Shane a couple grand worth of coins on consignment every couple months about two years ago. Things were great for the first year, he always did exactly what he said he would do. Then on the last few he started flaking bigtime. On one inparticular he had 2-3K worth of mine but also several grand worth of another dealers coins i had talked into sending to Shane as well. He did end up paying me on it but it was months late, and the worst part was he avoided and dodged and didn't follow through, and then when he would get on with me, there was no explanation other then him avoiding any and all accountability and just making excuses about why its everyone else's fault and why i am being unrealistic about what i was expecting even though i was expecting nothing more then what he told me to expect. I did get paid though... in full and so did the other dealer.

Then after all that, i went against my better judgement and sent him another consignment... on that one he did pay on time but i went through the sreadsheet and he had forgot a couple few coins alltogether, one was coin that sold for 200 or 250 bucks and it just wasnt on the sheet at all. Had i not noticed that, id have been out the money completely. Another one he just never listed and when i brought them up he acted like, oh those were yours? At that point i was done, one of them i did he listed but he never paid me on it. So i was done at that point.

Sucks that he offers such a valuable service that is a win win for all, but then doesn't do what he says and instead of communicating he avoids.

All that said, i haven't ever gotten the impression that he is trying to rip anyone off intentionally, so hopefully you get paid. I wish you the best of luck with that.

I was one of the people in the threads ATS because I wanted help getting in contact with him. Ebay is the best way to reach him, but PM me if you want his phone number. I haven't tried it but a few people vouched for him and that was enough for me to give him some more time. I don't know why he stopped posting here. I think it would help his cause to reply to some of these threads.

Wow, I've had kryptonite sell things for me before and he was excellent. Has someone informed him of this thread so he can respond?

Shane has always done right by me.

I haven't used him in over a year though.

His coins for sale on Ebay this week is pretty sparse.

Hope all is well.

Report him to ebay? I would be absolutely livid if someone was delaying paying me for consignment sales like that.

I'm not necessarily angry. (Anger is a waste of energy.) But it's frustrating. I just want to be done with the deal so I can take it off of my plate of things, ya know.

Report him to ebay? I would be absolutely livid if someone was delaying paying me for consignment sales like that.

I'm not necessarily angry. (Anger is a waste of energy.) But it's frustrating. I just want to be done with the deal so I can take it off of my plate of things, ya know.

I would suggest you call him and get him on the phone to fix situation and provide estimated resolution date if you have not already. I occasionally check his material to bid on but all this makes me skittish. If buyers become concerned too, this could affect your consignment sales.

Shane has always done right by me.

I haven't used him in over a year though.

His coins for sale on Ebay this week is pretty sparse.

Hope all is well.

There are 25 listings for coins, plus a total of 121 across different categories - sparse?

Sounds like in recent times he has a record of being late with paymentsl.....

Best, HT

Asking if the issue is mail fraud does not seem to me to be a path to being done with the deal. If you think anger is a waste of energy, file a mail fraud complaint. That will be an incredible waste of energy in the present situation, and your frustration level will require immediate pharma intervention.

Asking if the issue is mail fraud does not seem to me to be a path to being done with the deal. If you think anger is a waste of energy, file a mail fraud complaint. That will be an incredible waste of energy in the present situation, and your frustration level will require immediate pharma intervention.

Listen to John.

You need to speak to Krypto before you can effectively take the next step if it isn't resolved to your satisfaction

mark

You need to speak to Krypto before you can effectively take the next step if it isn't resolved to your satisfaction

That's a great suggestion, only problem is it only works if the party you'd like to talk to will answer the phone.

Does anyone have a valid phone number? The one I was given hasn't been answered (twice) and his voicemail isn't set up.

If you bid on one of his items on EBay, you can get his contact information through EBay. And if it's not valid, EBay can be notified.

Evidently all the information I have is valid he just isn't responding to any communication. If he keeps listing things at least that means he's physically ok.

Evidently all the information I have is valid he just isn't responding to any communication. If he keeps listing things at least that means he's physically ok.

It could be someone, maybe a family member or friend listing for him, if he is ill or has other issues. I would think sending a pm here would be another way of contact. He has not posted in a over a year, but he is still an active member. Just because he did post does not mean he doesn't read pms.

It could be someone, maybe a family member or friend listing for him, if he is ill or has other issues. I would think sending a pm here would be another way of contact. He has not posted in a over a year, but he is still an active member. Just because he did post does not mean he doesn't read pms.

If someone else is handling his listings they wound probably see and be able to reply to messages sent to him.

If someone else is handling his listings they wound probably see and be able to reply to messages sent to him.

I would sure hope so, although I do recall a person whose family took over after his passing to try to not sink the internet sales business. They put up a good fight for 2 years, and then met cyberspace demise.

I did go ahead and send a pm to him to consider contacting the members with concerns. I hope it is of some help to everybody involved.

I have no doubt that there must be exceptional circumstances at play causing a delay. I have dealt with Shane for several years, and I have done several thousand dollars of business with him. I have always known him to be outstanding and honest. If Shane is reading this, feel free to reach out to me. Is there anything I can do to help?