• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

State Quarter Submission posted by Six Mile Rick

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

What a blast!!

Friends,

It took a year to get the grading funds up. I finally got the chance to send in all the nice quarters I saved for the state quarter set. With 86 MS quarters and 19 SMS quarters I am down to only 14 coins missing from my set "Rick's Keepers" to complete it. I was also pleased to help another set (P.C.) with additions to get very close to the NGC top rank.

One more submission later on should achieve the goals for both sets, his and mine. Also helping (V.P.) as his set grows full of MS67's.

Next will be a blast of 2009 and parks S mint quarters I found in rolls. I hope to get these sent off in early April. It's great fun when I get the chance to help others build their sets!!

Happy Coin Collecting

17359.JPG

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Congratulations Rick,

What was the grade for the coin shown? It looks to be a MS-63 or maybe a 64, it has beautiful luster. But that may just be due the magnification. It also look like a silver not nickel coin, odd

John

Congratulations Rick,

What was the grade for the coin shown? It looks to be a MS-63 or maybe a 64, it has beautiful luster. But that may just be due the magnification. It also look like a silver not nickel coin, odd

John

John, It is from a clad roll with must from sitting in a closet or box for yearsI. Wyoming is a tough coin. I really don't know what grade that coin is. HaHa!! I just grabbed a pic out of the old savings and threw it in. I am so busy working these days that pics are my last worry. That is a good thing though!! :grin:

The submission I sent had a load of MS68;s and a few MS69's. It was a fun share for a few members here!! :)

Congratulations on your set.

I have never sent in over 100 coins for grading at one time. That is a lot of money on fees. :)

Thank You,

The fees are not really too bad when you consider the collectors wanting the coins for their sets. It all

depends on the friends you have that want to add to certain sets. 100 coins can go fast if you send in the right stash!

Rick

Hey Rick,

Congrats on your set and your submission!! You're doing really well with those State Quarters!

And, yes....large numbers of coins can move quickly if you have the right buyers and the right coins....which it sounds like you do!

Best of luck with your collecting and sales!

~Tom

Rick,

You've been AWESOME to work with, and I appreciate all your help, guidance, etc.

You've become a good constant friend on here and I literally look forward to our communications each day.

Thanks for the great coins that I've been adding to my set and I look forward to more!

You helped me get one of my hard-to-find ones that I had been searching for 3 months to no avail and you literally took it out of your own collection! Thank you!

2000%20P%20New%20Hampshire%20rev_zpsanqu17ju.png

Otherwise, I've now been fortunate to pick up 7 statehood quarters from you and glad we already have some plans in the works to get more! You've literally helped me pop into the top-20 of NGC-only!

Phillips' NGC MS-67 or Higher Statehood Quarters

*high-five*

Van

Thanks Tom!!

Van,

It was a fun submission for the both of us! What do you think of the new holders with description to the left instead of centered?

I really like the new holders!