• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would like your opinions (warning, 2 cent piece!)

10 posts in this topic

Received -/261887743766?hash=item3cf9b9d716:g:9L0AAOSwBahVVLtw'>it last week, looks darker in hand than Ebay images which is good, I like my copper "not red".

Been working on my condo since last October so things like my photo equipment are stuffed away somewhere but the sellers images are not bad at all. What do you all think about'er?

Thanks as always,

Ray

I like it. What is the percentage red needed for RB at NGC? at PCGS it is 5% and I think that one is close if not RB. I also like the die cracks all over the reverse, although many people do not lie them.

I was kinda worried because the seller accepted my first bid of $2200, when the coin arrived I was relived, the coin looked better than his images, better than I imagined.

I have been looking for a 63ish example of the '64 SM for quite a while and up until now I have had no joy.

I went to the Central States show last year (first day mind you) and ALL of the 63's looked very weak IMHO and they were all priced around the $2000 mark, this coin blew them all away.

Just hope that I didn't pay that much to much. (shrug)

Thanks again,

Ray

I like it. What is the percentage red needed for RB at NGC? at PCGS it is 5% and I think that one is close if not RB. I also like the die cracks all over the reverse, although many people do not lie them.

Where did you get that 5% figure for PCGS RB? That does not sound correct to me. Thanks.

The 5% number I got from PCGS's Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection book. It may be a typo or 'in theory' and something that does not routinely happen, I have not seen enough to know.

DSCF27421_zpsczuhyupf.jpg

The 5% number I got from PCGS's Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection book. It may be a typo or 'in theory' and something that does not routinely happen, I have not seen enough to know.

DSCF27421_zpsczuhyupf.jpg

Thank you. My experience has been that it makes a difference if the remaining RB or RD color is on the obverse, as opposed to the reverse. And whether it's closer to RD than RB.

I don't want come off as a party pooper, but there appears to be some breaks in the mint luster, especially on the reverse. They appear as dull spots if you are viewing coins in hand.

I don't want come off as a party pooper, but there appears to be some breaks in the mint luster, especially on the reverse. They appear as dull spots if you are viewing coins in hand.

Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you!

I think I see what you're talking about Bill (the area around "2 Cents"), i'll have to see if it looks the same as the image.