• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PICTURES = RANKING posted by Mr Anderson

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

ADDING PHOTOS AND A SMALL DESCRIPTION WILL BOOST YOUR RANK

IF YOU ALL COULD ADD A PHOTO AND A DESCRIPTION TO YOUR COLLECTIONS IT WOULD HELP US ALL :)

ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE LIST WHO ARE 2ND AND 3RD, WOULD ACTUALLY RANK 1ST...(IN THE EXAMPLE PHOTO GIVEN) ALL THOSE IN 4TH WOULD BECOME 2ND.

HAPPY COLLECTING ALL

17145.jpg

See more journals by Mr Anderson

I agree wholeheartedly. I would take it a step further and require some threshold level of photo participation, and I would also want to see sets opened by the owners, not by "client of big shot dealer."

Photos and description only matter in the case of a tie.

For the great majority of participants, going to the work of adding a photo and description doesn't mean a thing in ranking. At one time I was 100% at photos and descriptions -- a lot of time and effort -- but I've stopped bothering to take the time to upload the photos, since there is really nothing to gain by it.

Now... if there was a 10% point boost for a photo and description... I'd be back at 100% again.

Just my perspective...

"Photos and description only matter in the case of a tie."

Is there Overtime or Extra Time in case of a tie?

I think ties are most common in Modern sets. Everyone can buy a MS-70.

Try getting a tie in the $5 Half Eagle 1839-1908 set. Certainly it could happen, but not likely.

All of my coins pre-1945 are imaged.