• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1776 Continental Congress Curency Coin

3 posts in this topic

I am not a coin collector but recently found a 1776 Continental Congress Curency Coin among my mother's possessions following her death. I would like to know how to find out if it is real or not. Her father (my grandfather) was a banker so their is a possibility that the coin could in fact be authentic.

Any suggestions on how best to authentic the coin would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help

On 12/13/2015 at 7:29 PM, Andi-migration said:

I am not a coin collector but recently found a 1776 Continental Congress Curency Coin among my mother's possessions following her death. I would like to know how to find out if it is real or not. Her father (my grandfather) was a banker so their is a possibility that the coin could in fact be authentic.

Any suggestions on how best to authentic the coin would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help

Welcome to the forum.

It is almost certainly a replica  - I have seen literally hundreds of copies and/or images of copies. If you can post clear images here, we can probably confirm whether yours is genuine.