• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

50th Quarter in the ATB set posted by namvette68

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Is it Colorado?

When the Mint and the Parks Department promise to give each school child a "new" coin for attending, it was supposed to be the Battle of Saratoga quarter. The plastic capsules o one little girl contained a Colorado Statehood quarter. A few dealers said it was the worst introduction they had ever been to. Everyone had to drive to the local Post Office for stamping. Another inconvenience. I believe someone should make good on the promise of the new "50th" coin. The Mint is definitely making collecting coins a dubious and expensive hobby for young people. My sets will stop also if the reverse proofs of the Presidents and Sacagawea are not put into another category. The Silver Eagle set was changed and coins we had to have for the set are now edited out. I am losing my interest in collecting under these circumstances. I wanted to leave complete sets to grandchildren. The Mint has nothing better to do than change the last few coins in a set that are almost impossible to find. No wonder my son turned up his nose at collecting.

Have a Happy Easter

See more journals by namvette68

I'm still missing the GOLD Kennedy as well as the Kennedy 2014 full set. My president set has no 2012 proofs or reverse proofs!! Still missing a few proofs from 2012 to date. Looking for 2008 sac and a few more recent but still like the sets as they are. No need to have all or the expensive so called rare ones right away. They will turn the corner one day at a good price and I will grab one to add to the sets. A little challenge added to a set is fun, and waiting --- I have years to find the so-called rare coins at better prices!! lol:grin:

Later---Rick