• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Swedish Coin Collector posted by Axel Ulen

5 posts in this topic

:hi: Hi Axel,

I like the fob you have chosen to display and it seems fitting as Sweden was one of the first nations to recognize US independence.

Welcome!! and please share with us what you like to collect.

Swedish coins I like. I have friends in Sweden, one of whom brought me a few very pleasing 1800s pieces to add to my modest little Swedish collection. The grading system is very different, but when I put them in flips, I put the known Swedish grades on them next to the ANA rough grade, just out of respect for their origin. The coinage changed a lot in the post-WWII years, including incuse designs on some in the 1950s, which is not that common in world coinage.

,,.with US and Cents, US nickels and dimes. I resumed collecting in 2004 with Franklin halves, early and modern commemoratives, a US type set, Canadian silver dollar sets. I also upgraded my Jefferson nickel collection to 'step quality' and an uncirculated Roosevelt dime set.

My interest is now in So-Called Dollars. Specifically SCD's from the Pacific Northwest U.S. My 1909 Alaska-Yukon Pacific Exposition collection nears completion.

As for my name, I'm a second generation Swede and own no Swedish coins. My Norwegian relatives on my mom;s side think my hobby is foolish, Uf-Da!

Welcome, Axel!

it seems fitting as Sweden was one of the first nations to recognize US independence.

That's right! Gustav III became the first neutral head of state to recognize the United States of America. And it happen in the year this coin was minted.

154547.jpg.1549ed3e577adc2b2772c82c6b13b562.jpg