• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My 2015 (W) Silver Eagle will not show up in Registry Slot Reserved for it! posted by O'Rourke Collection

12 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/registry/coins/MySets_Listing.aspx?PeopleSetID=142593'>a>

Has anyone else ran across this issue? I have verified it is NGC and a (W). It comes up in the slot for the 2015 MS70 slot not Set Aside for the (W). Again this is a 2015 (W) Silver Eagle with a MS70 Rating.

Help and Thanks!!!

See more journals by O'Rourke Collection

I'm quite certain that to fit into a West Point Mint ASE slot in the registry the shiny disk must actually bear the W mintmark. The (W) on the slab is meaningless.

I once had a foreign coin graded by NGC but there was no slot for it. I called in and they told me to request a slot and wait. There was a glitch in the computers and so many new slots.

Sure enough, soon it fit in its nice cozy nest.

Try that, and the link above.

Good luck

Capt. Brian

ALL silver Eagles are minted at West Point, NY. The gimmick to get you to buy another is to change the label and claim it was minted there. In fact, it was, but it doesn't have the "W" mint mark. I was told there is a "variant" set for such fraud. My "Struck at San Francisco" and "Millennium" coins were deleted from my set also. I think the 5 they deleted cost over $1,000 total. What a scam they have going. I got fooled this year too.....don't feel alone.

Try the "Struck at West Point Mint" slot, it will probably work. Feel free to PM me for a non-smartass answer to your questions about silver eagles. I will help you however I can.

Oh boy. Looks like I paid waaaay too much for my ASEs that bear the S or P mint mark. I think a congressional inquiry would be in order since they all come from West Point.

Well...at least it gives the Academy students a chance to earn some pocket money in their off-hours. ;)

my thinking is that you are trying to put 2015 (W) silver eagle in the short eagle set. It will go in but the set won't recognize the (W). It will recognize the (W) in the longer varieties set. You can put the same coin in both sets. The same will be true of the (S). Hope that helps. don

Here we go again. I checked your set and that 2015 W is not out yet. The 2015 (W) will go into the silver eagle varieties set which has the (W) and (S). I have the same set of eagles that you do but also list the same coins in the varieties set plus the (W) and (S). My ranking in the longer set is higher as i guess not as many people are in it. Take a look at the silver eagle varieties set if you get a chance. I just enjoy collecting. Don