• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC REGISTRY AWARD FOR MY CUSTOM SET! posted by DCZAN SILVER COINS

18 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I was surprised and extremely honored to have received a 2014 NGC Registry Award!

I've really enjoyed building this set and researching and fully documenting each coin that I add to the collection.

I do have to say that receiving this award was actually more exciting than any coin acquisition I have ever made!

[url=http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=14077][/url]

16286.jpg

See more journals by DCZAN SILVER COINS

Congratulations on your award! I've previously perused your set and I'm not surprised that NGC is recognizing your set with this award. As last years winner of "The Most Informative Custom Set", I gladly pass the torch to you!

Gary

BTW, start looking for a good spot on your wall to proudly hang your award plaque!

Thanks Gary! I have viewed your set of Seated Imagery....great stuff!

Did NGC automatically put the Registry Award at the top of your page or is that something you've done?

Also are you just joking or do you really receive a plaque?

Thanks Gary! I have viewed your set of Seated Imagery....great stuff!

Did NGC automatically put the Registry Award at the top of your page or is that something you've done?

Also are you just joking or do you really receive a plaque?

Yes NGC inserts the icon and yes you get a plaque, you'll probably get the plaque next month along with a certificate for 5 photo proofs of the coins of your choosing from your set.

Gary

Congrats DZCAN...After looking through the collection you've assembled and the amazing amount of work you put into the fantastic presentation I am floored.

I won the "Most Creative Set" years ago when they were still called "Signature Sets"--in fact it may have been the 2nd year after NGC first introduced customized sets and first year of the awards.

I remember thinking how novel I was in breaking my High Seas sailing ship coin collection into continent based "chapters" and even finding one from the Antarctic! What you and people like Gary have done with the presentation level of your superb collections almost makes me embarrassed by the sophomoric presentation I had innovated in the early years...a truly remarkable set, wonderful information and again, just so clean and well designed in layout and presentation......bravo and thanks for sharing this set with the rest of us........

jackson64,

Thanks for viewing my collection and the compliment! It's been tremendous fun searching for the coins and developing the set over the past couple of years.

I viewed your High Seas set and it is top notch! I've thought of branching out and attempting another themed set such as yours but time and money just don't permit.

....I see we may live in the same region? I'm in Virginia Beach.

Have fun collecting!