• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know why these went up so sharply ? FIRST SPOUSE LIBERTYS

12 posts in this topic

2008-W GOLD $10 JACKSON'S LIBERTY NGC PF70 ULTRA CAMEO

2008-W GOLD $10 VAN BUREN'S LIBERTY NGC PF70 ULTRA CAMEO

http://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/us/bullion-coins-gold-pscid-75/2008-w-van-burens-liberty-g10-pf-70-price-history-coinid-700308

http://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/us/bullion-coins-gold-pscid-75/2008-w-jacksons-liberty-g10-pf-70-price-history-coinid-700307

Happy because I'll get more $ but should I be keeping these ? I always said they'd be a killer long term investment, such gorgeous coins ! low pop in 70..

PS hi :) haven't been around hope everyone is well :D

Are they actually selling for the lower or the higher price?

The price guide was recently updated for a lot of coins - but a price guide doesn't really mean the coins are selling for that amount. Theoretically, the guide is supposed to be based on actual sales, but guides are notoriously inaccurate.

Yeah, MS or PR 70 graded coin values have always been "dodgy" to me. I've always found MS69 or lower better value. You get just as good a coin for a lot less in many cases.

The best thing to do is look up recent eBay sales or use CoinFacts to find other recent sales.

jom

No idea how NGC does their pricing, I seem to remember something about wholesale lists ? I'm an Aussie remember guys :D haha hopefully NGC rep will pitch in some info ;D

If you are looking to get a couple RONS has a few for sale that I am sure he would put a nice low BIN price on! :)

I just relisted his set on my sales page.

Click banner below and check out set --- Ron's Ladies

One MS70 and the rest MS69 and PF69 (Beautiful Coins)

Lousy taken pics included for view. :)

This is a great discussion. I sell on EBay in a strictly "Auction" environment with no reserve and have found, with very little variance, that the coins will sell for 1/2 the value shown on the NGC or PCGS web sites. We all know that the "worth" of a specific coin is equal to what someone will pay you for the coin. You can put a coin on EBay with a BIN of what the price guides show and the coin will sit there forever waiting for some poor soul that doesn't really know how to determine the value of a coin. With today's economy the coin collections have taken a back seat to more urgent needs as with any commodity that is considered a "nicety". We are all waiting for the price of Gold and Silver to climb out of the basement then our world of "The hobby of Kings" will rebound with a vengeance!! Hang in there and may all your coins be Ultra Cameo!! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Bud

That's good to hear Rick. I wish we could get more youth involved....I have tried on my end with no interest from my youngest (21 years old). Every once in a while I will run into a young Numismatist and it is refreshing to see the gleam in their eyes when they see a coin they are interested in! Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough or helping enough. We will see....

Bud

Hey, I'm not one to post a bunch but I wanted to address Bud's point about young numismatists. A little background on myself I'm a 22 year old soon to be graduate school student, and speaking form personal experience the hobby itself although strong severely lacks an interest from people my age and younger. This is a multi-faceted issue however, and is likely more complex than simply introducing the concept of the hobby to people my age becuase the majority of us simply do not care, or have more potentially first world issues at mind such as school and maintaining a social life (as sad as it makes me to type this it's true). I could honestly write a paper on this topic from a younger persons perspective and with some encouragement I might do my best to do so and post it here for your thoughts and consideration. The motives that drive people my age are not too much different than those that drove your respective motivations, in fact the cohort effect to that extent is somewhat well correlated although correlation does not prove causation. To really spark the interests of the youth and more specifically those that are around my age the incentives to do so are not going to be as simple as introducing the hobby and sharing your well founded and deeply enthusiastic passion. Sadly enough my generation in particular is more interested how it would benefit them in their futures, more so than anything else. Please ignore any typos or misspellings it is finals week for me and I'm very tired and I'm also trying to type this on my iPad which is generally a distaer in itself!

coinsandmedals,

THAT WAS A GREAT POST!!

As my son and daughter are the same age as you and going through the same struggles and choices to get their futures in order. It is not sad that they are not deep into the hobby of collecting coins. Actually I would say we were all the same way back in our youth as coin collections went to the bottom shelf in high school and was re-entered into our life after we climbed the great corporate ladder.

Both my kids 21 and 23 years old, leaving the nest and out taking their foothold in this world for their future. Leaving behind a small collection in books and boxes of coins we collected in their youth. A seed that they will come home and get one day to take to their home and keep for memory sake of the time we spent building them. Later in their life that seed may sprout and they will continue enjoying the hobby once again with their children.

Good Luck in all your future tasks and quests!!

Rick