• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Retaliated Against Whistleblower on Fakes

13 posts in this topic

Yeah, there are some very easy things eBay could do to help customers, but they simply fail to act on them. One thing that I see specific to coins that they could easily eliminate are item titles like this:

1982 Washington Quarter ~ Not Silver ~ Ungraded Not NGC / PCGS

This is just a made up example. But I've seen several listings like this where the seller is clearly just trying to get search keywords into the title for more exposure. So if you search for "silver quarter" or "NGC quarter", this item will show up in the results. eBay could easily put the kibosh on this. Usually, I will immediately block a seller from my search results when I see this. But eBay could help if they wanted to.

The corporate environment and goals do not necessary mesh with honesty or equality.

Yeah, so we need government to protect us. lol.

Who said anything about government?

"Yeah, so we need government to protect us. lol."

Kurt: No.

This is the kind of thing that makes good government so difficult -- governments cannot act like companies. Good government is fair, equitable and honest - traits few companies posses or even strive for.

More "spying" and interference in private rights comes from corporations than any democratic government, no matter what label some try to stick on them. Experian and the others buy and sell pieces of your soul every day.

:)

Experian and the others buy and sell pieces of your soul every day.

So Experian found my horcruxes? :flamed:

Maybe not all seven. But Experian is definitely on to you. It's Phoenix time and beware of the Basilisk Fang. :signofftopic:

Carl

They cancelled an auction I had running a few weeks ago because they said it was a raw coin and I had a numerical grade listed in the title or description. There was nothing about the grade...it was listed as BU but it was a 1960 so the settings picked up the 60 in the date and decided it was a grade doh!

Even better was the auction was completed, paid for and the item already shipped before they notified me that it was cancelled.....as the old saying goes you can't fix stupid :flamed:

That just speaks to their irrational programs and system which is often inflexible when it comes to problems like that that they may or may not correct. I have heard of a number of ebay horror stories which do not make a lot of sense where sellers gave up on the ebay system because they or paypal misjudged a situation and ruled against him after large sales volume, all it takes is a really raw deal for sellers to look elsewhere for their sales options. A Danbury club member though was able to get a negative removed by personally writing to John Donahoe.

Experian and the others buy and sell pieces of your soul every day.

So Experian found my horcruxes? :flamed:

Maybe not all seven. But Experian is definitely on to you. It's Phoenix time and beware of the Basilisk Fang. :signofftopic:

Carl

Harry Potter ?????