• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 1902 PROOF INDIAN CENT

37 posts in this topic

Nice coin for the money. Has a small scuff above the first two feathers you can't see in the photo. Other that that the coin looks good. Color is convincing. Could low grade even with the scuff but not worth the money to me to find out. It is much nicer than it sounds and has excellent arm length appeal. Guaranteed a proof or I'll refund your money and you can keep the coin. 3 day return for any reason but must remain in holder. Does not need to stay in holder for proof guarantee but would have to be a TPG stating it's not a proof. Fairly priced at $125 shipping PayPal included. A nice looking proof for a buck and a quarter, how can you beat that?

imagejpg1_zps094016e6.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsd416c65c.jpg

imagejpg3_zps08000243.jpg

Well for starters it's raw so that already is sort of not so good.

Thank you for your "not so good" expert opinion. If you can't identify a proof or want a certified move on. I offer a guarantee proof I offer a 3 day return and a price that is fair. Please learn to speak English before you comment on something you have no clue about.

Thank you for your "not so good" expert opinion. If you can't identify a proof or want a certified move on. I offer a guarantee proof I offer a 3 day return and a price that is fair. Please learn to speak English before you comment on something you have no clue about.

Im 16 and didnt' exactly have the best education. I had teachers that didn't exactly like to teach. How about you back off. If you want to try to make fun of my english, i'll put it in plain english. Its raw and it has red flags all over it. Besides without some expert advice how would i know if it has not been cleaned retoned etc. Without a tpg how would i even know its real.So thats my opinion, if you dont like it tough. I dont like when people decide to made fun of my english or like how others make fun of how i pronounce my l's because my ancestry.

Edit: What do u mean if i dont have a clue about? Its a 1905 Proof Indian Cent, that is raw in a 2x2 holder with a scuff mark. You are selling for $125 with a 3 day return policy. What do i not understand? I think you just assumed that :roflmao:

Edit: What do u mean if i dont have a clue about? Its a 1905 Proof Indian Cent, that is raw in a 2x2 holder with a scuff mark. You are selling for $125 with a 3 day return policy. What do i not understand? I think you just assumed that

OK I get it you're 16 and stupid. it's 1902 not 1905. I won't pick on you, maybe you should put down the iPhone and pick up a book.

Edit: What do u mean if i dont have a clue about? Its a 1905 Proof Indian Cent, that is raw in a 2x2 holder with a scuff mark. You are selling for $125 with a 3 day return policy. What do i not understand? I think you just assumed that

OK I get it you're 16 and stupid. it's 1902 not 1905. I won't pick on you, maybe you should put down the iPhone and pick up a book.

Ohh pick up the book and put down the iphone. "I wont pick on you, maybe you should put down the iPhone and pick up a book." Out of the whole forum you are the worst of the forums. Apparently since im 16 i have a iphone in my hand. How old are you? Im guessing you are not a old timer because you are not respectful like one. Im guessing you are in your 30-40s maybe 50s. Then again life has proved me wrong. Anyways you are an .

Good day sir.

I was working in a coin shop full time when you were a glimmer in your fathers wishful thinking. I have sold coins here and ATS for as nearly as long as you have been alive. I know what I'm talking about. You show up here and exhibit your lack of knowledge and make unwarranted comments on MY thread. You learn to respect the rules here and earn respect for yourself. You have made it nearly impossible to sell this coin here.I thank you for that. If anyone can get around this kids lack of consideration the price is now $110 all guarantees and return privileges still apply.

:takeit:

I'd never buy a raw one on e-bay, because admittedly I probably would have trouble telling the difference given an altered business strike, but some people have earned respect. And I'd trust Jim implicitly, even without the return privilege.

Thanks. I'm not saying the coin has no problems ( I did mention the scuff when some might not have) and color is always a gamble and has faked out smarter people than me. I am saying with all the proof Indians I've seen this one is worth $125 (and now $110). I am saying it is attractive for the money and more attractive than many in holders. I shouldn't get into it with a 16 year old but face to face he could probably kick my azz.

I was working in a coin shop full time when you were a glimmer in your fathers wishful thinking. I have sold coins here and ATS for as nearly as long as you have been alive. I know what I'm talking about. You show up here and exhibit your lack of knowledge and make unwarranted comments on MY thread. You learn to respect the rules here and earn respect for yourself. You have made it nearly impossible to sell this coin here.I thank you for that. If anyone can get around this kids lack of consideration the price is now $110 all guarantees and return privileges still apply.
Maybe I can learn to respect when people like u learn to not make fun of people's English. Not everyone had the best education. As for lack of knowledge all I said was that it was raw so to me it's a no go because I don't trust it. Then here you are replying making fun of my English. When you learn to be considerate of peoples way of talking then maybe you wouldn't have had anything like this. The numismatic hobby wants new people like my "stupid" iPhone using generation as it seems to you. But people like you kind bitter me and get me to lose my respect. As for the iPhone comment. What's the deal on that comment? So what only teenagers use iPhones. My friends parents use iPhone and surf the web and do whatever else on there. You are trying to make like I started it but to be honest you are the one that really started it and made it escalate. So if I was you, I would rethink that.

:takeit:

I'd never buy a raw one on e-bay, because admittedly I probably would have trouble telling the difference given an altered business strike, but some people have earned respect. And I'd trust Jim implicitly, even without the return privilege.

I don't care how much experience and respect he has. It still does not give him the right to say what he did.

If you're going to put down someone for their English, you probably shouldn't write things like " If you can't identify a proof or want a certified move on." At the very least, you omitted a word and a comma.

And I don't think you're going to impress anyone or gain any respect with remarks like the following:

"I was working in a coin shop full time when you were a glimmer in your fathers wishful thinking. I have sold coins here and ATS for as nearly as long as you have been alive."

Mark with all due respect you always have to add your 2 cents. You should apply for forum cop then you could simply delete posts you don't like. I am too old to worry about the respect of anyone here.

Mark with all due respect you always have to add your 2 cents. You should apply for forum cop then you could simply delete posts you don't like. I am too old to worry about the respect of anyone here.

I sure wouldn't delete any of your posts - I'd leave them so that others could see what you wrote.

Curiously, what did you think or hope you might achieve by writing this to a 16 year old: "I was working in a coin shop full time when you were a glimmer in your fathers wishful thinking. I have sold coins here and ATS for as nearly as long as you have been alive"?

I find it interesting that you find it necessary to perseverate on that comment. Even if I decided to delete it your copy is there for you to enjoy.

I don't find it necessary. And I had no idea that you had deleted your remark, as I didn't go back and reread your post.

I find it interesting that you didn't answer my question.

Curiously, what did you think or hope you might achieve by writing this to a 16 year old?: "I was working in a coin shop full time when you were a glimmer in your fathers wishful thinking. I have sold coins here and ATS for as nearly as long as you have been alive"

Wow....this was interesting!! All you wanted to do was sell a coin and it was not a bad price. Darn....I was going to buy it!!

Bud

Wow....this was interesting!! All you wanted to do was sell a coin and it was not a bad price. Darn....I was going to buy it!!

Bud

X2

Also, I will add, It is I, and not Jim, who holds this title.

Out of the whole forum you are the worst of the forums.

;)

Bud

If only I had negotiated a bag of Popcorn into the sale! lol

Ryan,

I do believe you got a nice PF Indian at a great price!!! ----- No Popcorn Needed! :)

Agent Jim takes a hit for the crew from a 12 year old --- funniest cr--ap I have read this month. lol

Ryan,

I do believe you got a nice PF Indian at a great price!!! ----- No Popcorn Needed! :)

Thank you right kindley, Rick! I agree, it's going to be a great piece and I couldn't be any happier with the price.

If anyone is wondering, Jim has been a consummate professional despite the interesting situation and I can't wait to get this coin. Today has been a weird day on other forums too..... This must be the 50th Ann. Kennedy fever catching already! lol

To Curry,

To avoid getting into the argument, I'll comment on your FIRST comment to this thread only.

"Well for starters it's raw so that already is sort of not so good."

Your comment has two problems with it:

A. You don't post negative comments on someone's coins they post here, unless they ask for opinions. Posting negative comments on someone's BST thread is EVEN WORSE!

To me, it's seems impolite and just shows disrespect.

If I see a coin that is misrepresented (not the case here!), has a problem that is not described (again, not the case here!!), I'd just move on, or maybe PM the seller or post a question, nicely.

B. Read your comment again. That first comment only. Basically what it says is: "this coin is not certified by a TPG, so it is not good".

SERIOUSLY?? I don't need to elaborate on how that statement is a problem

I mean, if you really believe that, then you have a lot to learn. Nothing wrong with learning about the hobby slowly, but until you learn the basics, you should NOT judge coins and comment on them in this manner. Come on, man. Only certified coins are "good"? How's this coin "not so good" in your eyes based only on the fact that it is raw? There were no certified coins until not too long ago, so the big collectors 75 years ago all had "bad" coins?

Also, don't get caught up on the English part.

The OP got annoyed with the content of your comment and the fact that you posted it in HIS BST THREAD, which is something you really shouldn't do, and that's why he came back at you on the English thing. English is not my first language and I'm not 100% fluent in it, but as long as I'm respectful in my posts here and don't get on anyone's nerves, it never bothers anyone.

To OP,

This was a very nice coin in my opinion, and at a GREAT price. I think it was a great deal for whoever purchased it. I like it a lot.

To Curry,

To avoid getting into the argument, I'll comment on your FIRST comment to this thread only.

A. You don't post negative comments on someone's coins they post here, unless they ask for opinions. Posting negative comments on someone's BST thread is EVEN WORSE!

If I see a coin that is misrepresented (not the case here!), has a problem that is not described (again, not the case here!!), I'd just move on, or maybe PM the seller or post a question, nicely.

B. Read your comment again. That first comment only. Basically what it says is: "this coin is not certified by a TPG, so it is not good".

I mean, if you really believe that, then you have a lot to learn. Nothing wrong with learning about the hobby slowly, but until you learn the basics, you should NOT judge coins and comment on them in this manner. Come on, man. Only certified coins are "good"? How's this coin "not so good" in your eyes based only on the fact that it is raw? There were no certified coins until not too long ago, so the big collectors 75 years ago all had "bad" coins?

The OP got annoyed with the content of your comment and the fact that you posted it in HIS BST THREAD, which is something you really shouldn't do, and that's why he came back at you on the English thing. English is not my first language and I'm not 100% fluent in it, but as long as I'm respectful in my posts here and don't get on anyone's nerves, it never bothers anyone.

To OP,

This was a very nice coin in my opinion, and at a GREAT price. I think it was a great deal for whoever purchased it. I like it a lot.

What excuse does he have for using the teenager stereotype on me. Guess what not just teens do it many other older aged people do it too. I don't care what a person says there is no right for that. That would be like me saying that old people need glasses and that they are all unable to function properly. But I can't say that because not everyone is like that. Same for me. So his comment was still out of line. I see you want to kind of defend him because of my comment but his comment made can't be excused.

Maybe I can learn to respect when people like u learn to not make fun of people's English. Not everyone had the best education. As for lack of knowledge all I said was that it was raw so to me it's a no go because I don't trust it. Then here you are replying making fun of my English. When you learn to be considerate of peoples way of talking then maybe you wouldn't have had anything like this. The numismatic hobby wants new people like my "stupid" iPhone using generation as it seems to you. But people like you kind bitter me and get me to lose my respect. As for the iPhone comment. What's the deal on that comment? So what only teenagers use iPhones. My friends parents use iPhone and surf the web and do whatever else on there. You are trying to make like I started it but to be honest you are the one that really started it and made it escalate. So if I was you, I would rethink that.

Obviously a proof. And curry is obviously a tool.

It's not that you're 16, mind you. You'll be just as much of a tool at 26, and 36, and...

What excuse does he have for using the teenager stereotype on me. Guess what not just teens do it many other older aged people do it too. I don't care what a person says there is no right for that. That would be like me saying that old people need glasses and that they are all unable to function properly. But I can't say that because not everyone is like that. Same for me. So his comment was still out of line. I see you want to kind of defend him because of my comment but his comment made can't be excused.

Perhaps the OP could have responded differently and in a better way, but I absolutely understand him being angry with you. You provoked him. You made derogatory comments on a sales post, without evidence or basis, implying that the good was faulty. How would you feel if you were selling something and someone made a baseless comment? Would you have not responded perhaps with frustration? There is no evidence that there is anything wrong with the listing at all. The only time I feel it is appropriate to comment in a negative fashion on a listing is where there is a misrepresentation that is so blatant as to be fraudulent or one of the occasional scam artists who rips Heritage images and tries to sell coins they don't have. The OP doesn't meet any of those situations, and there is no indication that the thread is illegitimate. Moreover, I have dealt with the OP in the past, and have never had a problem. You were wrong to interfere with a business listing/transaction, especially when opining on the quality of something with little to know knowledge of the subject matter.

With regards to your comment above, as I said, perhaps he should have handled it better knowing that you are a minor. I would have handled things differently. Nevertheless, you are almost an adult, and you should realize that there are consequences for things you say and people will respond negatively when you do something inappropriate. It bothers me most that you appear to see yourself as a victim, rather than being apologetic. And the only poster who has commented against the OP (Mark Feld) was reacting to how the OP responded and not in the fact that he took poorly to your comment, so I don't think you should construe that as anyone supporting what you did or said. I don't know if the latter is true, but I thought that should be pointed out.

Obviously a proof. And curry is obviously a tool.

It's not that you're 16, mind you. You'll be just as much of a tool at 26, and 36, and...

Where did i say its not a proof? So ill be a tool as long i live you are saying? So what a homeless person will stay homeless? A bum in school will stay a bum forever? People change and guess what if the people like you making comments like that would change, then hell i would change. Not everyone has had the happy jolly life and people in my life have made me a jerk. People like you making that comment is what makes me the jerk. With a comment like that i wonder why i want to be nice if thats what people will say. You dont know who i am. I actually help people in my everyday life like in school. Im not the one letting my friends or classmates burn when they do bad in school. I even tutor. So if thats being a tool then what have i been taught wrong all my life? Is helping others being a tool? Please tell me so i can see that my life has been a lie. All the people i have met and interacted with through the internet has been a lie so just tell me now so i can realize my life has been a big fat lie.

Perhaps the OP could have responded differently and in a better way, but I absolutely understand him being angry with you. You provoked him. You made derogatory comments on a sales post, without evidence or basis, implying that the good was faulty. How would you feel if you were selling something and someone made a baseless comment? Would you have not responded perhaps with frustration? There is no evidence that there is anything wrong with the listing at all. The only time I feel it is appropriate to comment in a negative fashion on a listing is where there is a misrepresentation that is so blatant as to be fraudulent or one of the occasional scam artists who rips Heritage images and tries to sell coins they don't have. The OP doesn't meet any of those situations, and there is no indication that the thread is illegitimate. Moreover, I have dealt with the OP in the past, and have never had a problem. You were wrong to interfere with a business listing/transaction, especially when opining on the quality of something with little to know knowledge of the subject matter.

With regards to your comment above, as I said, perhaps he should have handled it better knowing that you are a minor. I would have handled things differently. Nevertheless, you are almost an adult, and you should realize that there are consequences for things you say and people will respond negatively when you do something inappropriate. It bothers me most that you appear to see yourself as a victim, rather than being apologetic. And the only poster who has commented against the OP (Mark Feld) was reacting to how the OP responded and not in the fact that he took poorly to your comment, so I don't think you should construe that as anyone supporting what you did or said. I don't know if the latter is true, but I thought that should be pointed out.

I actually apologized in a pm about 9 hours ago.

To Curry,

To OP,

I was NOT defending him, i'm not affiliated with the OP and not even sure we've ever done business before.. maybe once. believe me.

but to your question, let me shoot it back to you: what right do YOU have to go on HIS selling thread, and bash his coin THAT HE IS TRYING TO SELL HERE?

I can see why it would upset him. I know it would upset ME for sure..