• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1913 Type 1 Buffalo Nickel

10 posts in this topic

I am curious what the members think is going on with this coin. First off, I do not own nor plan to purchase the coin. I am suspicious of someone doctoring the coin. Look at the obverse near the rim at about one o'clock. It looks like putty or glue filling in a crack. what do you think? These are not my photos, they belong to the seller.

1913Type1Obverse.jpg

1913Type1Reverse.jpg

Unfortunately this coin is on an auction where there are no return options. Even more reason for me to pass on it.

I'll give you some positive reassurance, I think you're doing the right thing passing on it. That's a heck of a way to sell damaged goods, on photos, with no return policy.

It looks to me like there is glue or some foreign substance between the head and rim from 11:30 to the L in LIBERTY. You can see the edge of the stuff where it overlaps the top of the head.

I agree. There also is a dab of it at the end of the one feather near where the other glue is. Also as Kurtdog says, the coin was stamped off center and the rim is almost missing on the right. Coin sold for $46 with shipping.