• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do next after dipping in acetone for 31 hours?

43 posts in this topic

In my opinion, Coin dip,(like EZEST & jewluster or whatever) will not do anything to help you with what you are seeing on that coin (DIP has its place, but I do not think it should be used for what you are trying to do... wont help)..... In fact, If it were mine, I would not dip it just because of the possibility that it will come back looking worse..

Good point. The crud on that coin could be hiding numerous hairlines and other problems.

Here's the latest pic of the coin. Not the best image, but I hope you see some green area from 11 O'clock to 6 O'clock mostly in the center.

Yes I see it, and I would still leave it alone.

Excuse me for bringing up an old thread, but I sent it to NGC via NCS and now it's graded as MS65.

I don't know how, but NCS removed all the green stuff on the surface of it.

Excuse me for bringing up an old thread, but I sent it to NGC via NCS and now it's graded as MS65.

(thumbs u

Medetashi, medetashi! :applause:

Photo?

Is it still worth the $500 you stated, or is that 'guide'??? If 'guide', don't hold your breath hoping for $500, especially from those of us here who know that this coin had an issue (and may come back and haunt it....)

Glad the severity of your attempts didn't make it a losing battle....

Remember, ask BEFORE you do!!

Care to post an image of it in it's brandy new holder???

NCS has methods and chemicals that private individuals cannot normally get. I sent them a couple coins yesterday that needed conservation, no question. The only problems with them are expense and the wait, around a month in most cases.

NCS did an excellent job. I wish I could secure a NCS internship for personal knowledge. While some of the techniques used are pretty standard and readily available, some seem sophisticated/advanced like copper spot removal on gold.