• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New adoptee came today.. 1877 S MS61 $10 by CaptBrian1

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

This one will sit in my "Battleship Row"

Today, the postman did not have to ring twice. As the clock rolled over and over today, and 4 PM passed, and I had gotten my notice from UPS that it was on its way, I was getting concerned and walked outside looking for the UPS truck.

No sooner than I opened the door, the driver was walking up the driveway with my treasure.

I have been trading up for some months now, and I came across this coin and with quite a bit of palaver back and forth, I made a trade. Away went some real heros of my pride. The 1829 Liberty Capped Head in AU55 that I inherited, an 1870 $2.5 Coronet Liberty in MS61, a 1915 S Indian Head Panama Pacific MS64 which I just found at a coin show last January. And some other lesser grades. My coin count is dropping like a rock. But the quality is improving somewhat.

I also sent the fellow some more coins so he could help me find more of this sort of thing.

This one, the 1877 S $10, is the highest grade, two in grade and none higher.

So, with that now in the book, I shall see what else we can find.

Boy, these coins are quite hard to stop. Its like eating peanuts, one just does not do it.

Happy Collecting.

15535.jpg

See more journals by CaptBrian1

Thanks, I really had to cough up for that one, as the trade shows. I appreciate your appreciation. Now on to trying to organize myself. I've kinda gone nutzo after retiring a year ago last October. and things are kind of in a mess. I hope the IRS doesn't come calling. It would take me a month of Sundays to get all the proof of purchases in line. A lot of my stuff is traded and inherited so it would be a mess.

Again, thanks for the kind word.

Brian