• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a nice u s 1796 half cent . posted by M. DECKER

15 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

the coin titler.they are lowestface value struck in u s.they are coined at philidelphia mint.edge is plain or two hundred for a dollar.made in copper .no other metal .

they are available to collectors.coinage consisted entirely of proofs.for collectors to obtain.

15445.jpg

See more journals by M. DECKER

179$ ???

That is the date RIGHT ???

Two Journals this week (in a row) on copies!! What have we become here? :grin:

You guys need to invest a little more CASH on some REAL COINS!! :headbang:

Could you actually imagine a 1796 PROOF cost ??? In the Millions (if there was one)!! lol

Yeah, I'm with ya Rick......lots of fakes floating around out here lately. Also, this guy's posts are always so bizarre!! I'm still not convinced that this isn't some spammer.

Well, we all joined this club for the great knowledge that the long time collectors have!!

For those that do not listen to anything Mark Feld has to say ---- "Sorry about Your Loss" lol

Can you tell I had a few tonight ----- and having a great time of it!!! :grin:

Hey Rick,

Nothing wrong with tipping the bottle every now and then. I like the occasional absinthe myself! ( I even kick it Ottoman-style with my choice in booze!!) :)

This member has been making posts with inaccurate information for some time now. There is a reason people have already published books on these subjects. At least in the books you can trust that the information is correct.

I had him set to ignore but just reading peoples frustration with his posts is fun to read.

Good luck to all in figuring out what is going on with this post or any other along the same lines as this one. :banana:

Maybe he is some kind of coin genius Cervantes ?

lol

Oh well, agree this board not the place for these type of posts, but pretty funny reading the responses to the OP's journals.

I rarely frequent this part of the NGC forum, but am disappointed with how the original poster has been treated in this thread. Posting inaccurate information shouldn't lead to rudeness by others.

For example, one of the posters to this thread posted "There is a reason people have already published books on these subjects. At least in the books you can trust that the information is correct." That statement is inaccurate, as often you can't or shouldn't trust that the "information" in books is "correct". But I'm not going to make fun of the person who posted it. Nor should I.

I am the guy who can take a joke. I don't mind if someone pokes a bit of fun at me. I can give it right back. A bit of levity is important in life. That leads to times where someone gets their feelings hurt. Not everyone can be politically correct at all times.

The internet is more and more becoming the place to not just poke fun at others in the world but outright bash others with very little consequences. Like it or not, it is here to stay.

It is nice we have this board to share and ask questions. What the OP is doing is neither. He is misinforming and badly doing that. I guess it all boils down to most people here are used to seeing journals about things people own or want to own. Stories and what not. Experiences good and bad.

When someone makes repeated wasteful posts that seem to confuse or misinform it is our duty to make correcting comments. My comments were not of the correcting type, they were more along the lines of poking fun. The corrective ones were already made.

I can see how my comments could be considered rude or offensive. I am still unsure if the OP has a serious mental illness or is a scammer/spammer. Again those comments could be considered rude.

I apologize for any discomfort your eyes or brain have had in reading my comments. It was not my intention to offend.

At least I attempt to form sentences. Dang I can't stop. I must have a problem. :banana:

I'm still not convinced that this isn't some spammer.

I felt that same way with the first post and I continue to feel that this is auto generated spam.

I will continue to just pass over these journal entries (with the exception of this one response ... slow night) until the day comes that m.decker actually posts a topic, or even a reply, in the other areas of the forum that is even 10% coherent.

Hey Rick - I have a new bottle of Crown Royal 'Maple' that is just as smooth as they come, resting next to my desk here so I think I will raise a shot glass with you! :grin: