• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prooflike OR Cleaned

16 posts in this topic

Maybe it's just the photos but I don't like the looks of it. Kind of funny that he says "guaranteed to be in Mint State probably in the middle 60's probably 64 ". A genuine Morgan that blemish free with untreated surfaces would be a lot more than MS64.

But photos can be weird.

1881-S minted Morgans are the easiest to find in high grades for a reasonable price, if you feel like gambling go for it...

I do not fully understand the up-dates to the auction? Does the seller expect it to go for $120,000 dollars?

Apr 17th 2014, 9:47 PM

If this auction goes over 120,000 I will be adding 2 Peace dollars as well as 4 mercury dimes and maybe more.....the better an auction does the better I treat the winners, just look at some of my last few auctions so let the games begin.

Apr 21st 2014, 8:51 PM

I really want the 100 watchers badge so if we can get there I'm adding a half dollar that I'll add pictures of tonight but it's worth about 15$ or so I think so.......let's go

Apr 23rd 2014, 9:18 PM

Pics up for the half that if we get to the watchers number or maybe it goes in as a gift who knows......I need some feedback people :)

I think that site has its own currency of some sort. So not $120k but 120k of something. Also looks like some social/RPG element going on with the badges.

I would say that is a combination of both. A large majority of Mint State sharpness 1881-S Morgan dollars have some to total P-L characteristics. This one started with the usual 1881-S dollar surfaces and then it was mess with which make it an unappealing combination of the two. The luster now looks "funky."

There are lots of nice 1881-S dollars available. There is no reason to get involved with this one.

1881-S minted Morgans are the easiest to find in high grades for a reasonable price, if you feel like gambling go for it...

I do not fully understand the up-dates to the auction? Does the seller expect it to go for $120,000 dollars?

Apr 17th 2014, 9:47 PM

If this auction goes over 120,000 I will be adding 2 Peace dollars as well as 4 mercury dimes and maybe more.....the better an auction does the better I treat the winners, just look at some of my last few auctions so let the games begin.

Apr 21st 2014, 8:51 PM

I really want the 100 watchers badge so if we can get there I'm adding a half dollar that I'll add pictures of tonight but it's worth about 15$ or so I think so.......let's go

Apr 23rd 2014, 9:18 PM

Pics up for the half that if we get to the watchers number or maybe it goes in as a gift who knows......I need some feedback people :)

Apr 25th 2014, 7:12 AM

Half way on watchers!!!

Apr 25th 2014, 7:13 AM

No bidders yet so I'm going to double my offer. If you order in the next five minutes, two for the price of one!!! Just pay separate shipping and processing charges.

Apr 25th 2014, 7:18 AM

One minute to go. Don't forget, free balloons with every bid!!! Yours to keep, even if you don't win.

Apr 27th 2014, 12:00 PM

Anybody still there???

He means "badgers." The coin was found in Wisconsin then taken to Kansas in a tornado accompanied by a bunch of badgers --- now he wants to sell the coins and give away the badgers....two-for-one, too.

(The coin and images have been altered, IMO.)

Must be the picture, because the coin looks "flat". Like the relief is somehow flatter than a normal morgan. Something doesn't look right and I can't put my finger on it.

Must be the picture, because the coin looks "flat". Like the relief is somehow flatter than a normal morgan. Something doesn't look right and I can't put my finger on it.

The coin is genuine and I see nothing odd about it, so it must be the images.

The coin is genuine and I see nothing odd about it, so it must be the images.

or my imagination (more likely the case) :roflmao: