• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NOW MY COLLECTION HAS A PRINCESS by CaptBrian1

15 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Last adoptee : Adoption Central now closed down for cleaning.

Today, UPS brought to my door the last of my trade INS. I have been doing a lot of trading and buying recently, attempting to change my collection from mostly modern to mostly pre-1933 gold, Morgans, and silver US coins.

I have tried to keep them in the under 50 population, and highest grade or next to that.

I am going now, to sit back after adding this one, look hard at what I am doing, meaning, am I right in exiting the more modern coins, and focusing on the older ones.

She is a 1883, Philly, Princess G$1. MS68. 10 in grade, and only one higher, a MS69. [Wonder where that one is.]

She is a beauty. I have seen, and have many high grade coins, but this one has a special wink to it.

When I first got it out of the box and plastic envelope, I wondered for a moment, [did I order a proof?], then I of course saw the MS on the holder, and got back to reality.

The picture of this coin does not begin to do it justice, so I will attempt a sunlight picture and some of the tricks other members have suggested. My camera is still broken, and I have to hold in the SD card. Maybe I take a picture with my cell phone and try that. In any case, I will improve the picture and put in a reverse ASAP.

Well, back to the paperwork and getting ready for two more coin shows this month. One in Ft. Lauderdale [boy what a nice show that was last month] and the incredible Palm Beach County Coin Club the fourth Sunday, monthly. The collections and coins available there rival any show short of the FUN shows.

If you ever get to the Palm Beaches, contact me and come as my guest. Public welcome.

Bye for now, happy collecting.

Capt. Brian

15180.JPG

See more journals by CaptBrian1

That princess you have there is about as good as it gets! Wow, MS-68! She's a beaut Capt. Brian. You have really added a lot of rare and beautiful coins to your collection as of late, congratulations.

All the best.

Gary

Thanks to all of you. I am feeling kind of 'out of breath' mentally,if you know what I mean. Sunday is the big Palm Beach CC show, and I intend to 'show her off there'.

I will also take input from other collectors about my switching focus to older coins and highest grades. I may do half an half, now that I think'd on it a bit.

Again

THANKS ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS.

When I put a few dollars into a coin, sometimes I wonder if I am insane or what. But, I guess this was an okay move.

Capt. Brian

a coin with great eye appeal

please post others you have changed around in your collection and now own

again really pretty way above average eye appeal gold dollar :cloud9: