• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

first year of release versus early release question

7 posts in this topic

I have a 2008 W $10 gold buffalo labeled FYOR instead of early release that cannot be added to my registry set even though the coin was certified prior to the 8/23/08 cutoff date.

Has anyone successfully had the registry criteria changed or had their coin re-labeled in order to qualify for adding to their registry? What would be the steps to get this evaluated?

Thanks for any insight...

• Administrator

Hi, there.

What is your certification number, so we may look into this for you? Also, into what exact Registry set(s) are you looking to add it? Thanks.

It's regarding the 100 greatest us modern coins, first edition (#90) and second edition (#94). The coin cert is First Year of Issue label 3205785-032. I researched and saw that the cutoff date for this coins early release submittal was 8/23/08.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ali, I sent you another email.

The people you spoke to regarding the MS coins are only included in the registry, this isn't the case...here's a screen print of the 3 coins eligible for slot #90 in the first edition and slot #94 in the second edition. The PF coin is listed in the third line.

90 - 2008-W $10 AMERICAN GOLD BUFFALO 710295 MS 2008 W G$10 BUFFALO .9999 FINE 18760 Base

90 - 2008-W $10 AMERICAN GOLD BUFFALO 710296 MS 2008 W G$10 BUFFALO .9999 FINE EARLY RELEASES 18760 Base

90 - 2008-W $10 AMERICAN GOLD BUFFALO 710298 PF 2008 W G$10 BUFFALO .9999 FINE EARLY RELEASES UC 74407 Base

I'm still trying to have the First Year of Release pedigree accepted as an early release since it was graded before the cutoff date of 8/23/08.

Thanks again for all your help and patience....this has taken a bit of your time and your efforts are appreciated.