• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW "Spiked Head", who would have ever thought this would happen???

8 posts in this topic

news.gifnews.gifnews.gif

From simple proof die cracks.

http://conecaonline.org/image/NLGAward.jpg

September 26, 2004 -- A friend of mine recently told me it appeared I was having a lot of trouble tooting my own horn. He knew the Numismatic Literary Guild had bestowed upon me, the NLG Award for the best article (or series or articles) on coins in a numismatic newspaper. In my absence, Dave Harper, Managing Editor of Numismatic News, accepted it for me at the American Numismatic Association convention this past August. When he advised me that I had won it and that he was sending it on to me, I was completely surprised and I might add, delighted.

Getting back to my friend, he told me that word of the award belonged on my web site and he alluded to it belonging on the CONECA web site too because the subject of the series related to error-variety coins. So here it is!

I'd like to thank Dave Harper at Numismatic News for finding my series on the recent Spiked Head finds on proof coins, worthy enough for him to submit to the NLG for consideration! I'd also like to thank those at the NLG who did the judging and decided to bestow this prestigious honor upon me for doing so. And to Mike Bozyinski of the Royal Oak Mint -- thanks for giving me the kick needed to toot my horn!

Sincerely,

Ken Potter

CONECA Webmaster

What an honor Ken.One for the wall or trophy case for sure.Congrats!!!!!

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Hi Pat - Tough to get a scan of such a minor error, but here it is, as you asked.

610965-2004-P%20Spiked%20Head%20Jeff.jpg

No "button hole" on this coin.

Hoot