1928 Peace Dollar & 20 Coronet

7 posts in this topic

I would appreciate a grade on these coins. Both of these coins are very nice in my hand nothing bad but what do I know?

Should I slab either of these two coins? The last time I did this you guys told me my coin was really . I didn't need to waste money slabbing. Thanks for your help.

I think my pictures are better but I can take it if they are not.

Here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/99735411@N08/?details=1

Were these pics taken through a flip? At first I thought they were both showing hairlines from being cleaned, but then I see a little distortion that makes me believe they were taken through a flip and that maybe the "scratches" are on the flip.

First glance I like them both, but especially the double eagle...

Coin #1: I see wear on the 1928 Peace Dollar, and the darker areas that I am detecting as luster disturbances make me think that this coin has been cleaned. I will call it AU details cleaned.

Coin #2: I agree with the question posed above about this coin being in a flip. It is hard to tell based on the images, but nothing in the AU58-MS62 range would surprise me especially given that TPGs are forgiving of luster breaks and even light rub on these. If I were forced to guess, I would say that there appears to be rub and will end up in an AU58 holder.

Edited by coinman_23885

The Peace dollar is a MCPCG and rated an EF-40

What is MCPCG? I have never heard of this before.

Edited to add: Also, what generation is the PCI holder? Is a gold holder or green holder? If it is the latter, is it a 9, 10, or 14 digit holder?

Despite the fact that a lot of PCI graded coins are overgraded, they did go through a conservative period in the 1990s when they were on par with the top 2. In fact, I have seen coins cross or upgrade with a decent frequency. Those that don't are usually within 1 grading interval.

Edited by coinman_23885