• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Week # 131 - All I want for Christmas is....

18 posts in this topic

QUESTION:

Seven-year old Dave wanted one each of the 1965 coins for Christmas that year. Why was he disappointed?

Good Luck!!

Our first place winner will receive the Grading Guide For Modern U.S. Coins written by the acclaimed Rick Montgomery and David Lange. We will also give a prize to a randomly selected player.

REMINDER: The Numisma-Quest ends/ended on Saturday at midnight EST. Entries after that time will not be valid. See the Trivia Info post for more details.

When you post your answer, only the administrators can see it. Stop back each Monday. We will make all the posts visible and announce the winners.

In 1965, the branch mints produced coins with no mintmarks, so he would only receive one example of each denomination, rather than the 2 each he would have received the year before. frown.gif

1) Because he is pure evil and didn't even deserve coal

2) because there is no Santa Clause in coin collecting

3) Because Eva Adams(a Scrooge in her own right) decided that coin collectors were naughty boys and girls and had the silver taken out of our coinage. Her little elves worked day and night to meet that magical deadline but to no advail and the 1965 coins were not released until 1965.

CHRIS

QUESTION:

Seven-year old Dave wanted one each of the 1965 coins for Christmas that year. Why was he disappointed?

ANSWER:

All but the quarter dollar of that date were not issued until the following year.

Congratulations Narmuriel!! You are this weeks numismaquest winner. Your prize is the Grading Guide for Modern U.S. Coins by NGC's own, Richard Montgomery and David Lange. (signed)

XpipedreamR is this weeks runner up. You will be receiving a display box

Thanks for playing and stop back next week for another question. Keep up the good work!!

Thank you very much!

I just received the NGC box yesterday. I've got a zillion NGC coins (which I know is strange because they've only graded what...10,000,000 or so tongue.gif), but I've never had an NGC box for some reason.

Thanks again,

XpipedreamR tongue.gif