• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Small ANACS white holders

29 posts in this topic

I am working on a set of small ANACS white holder and I thought I would share what I have and see if anyone has some info to add.

These are the first five pictures I can load.

I have 15 total to add and I will get them all in order as I can.

Thanks

139971.jpg.8d3a1b35d760908b398933f49b25deb5.jpg

139972.jpg.4fd322afc87e39085abf77d2b316dfa6.jpg

139973.jpg.07b1887a920284cb626aca2ec999d119.jpg

139974.jpg.ef09e4da7eae752f4ea4e1f4496ae041.jpg

139975.jpg.93d7c97141ad8c2236c2a4028eaa4db4.jpg

It might be helpful to add the reverse photographs. Does the first picture have the blue watermark? (I can't tell very well from the image). Is it the one with the ANA logo hologram on the reverse?

It might be helpful to add the reverse photographs. Does the first picture have the blue watermark? (I can't tell very well from the image). Is it the one with the ANA logo hologram on the reverse?

Yes it is the first type of holder by ANACS with the ANA/PNG hologram

I was lucky to be able to find both types.

These were only used on the problem coins.

the serial numbers are of the two types:

2 letters + 4 numbers and all numbers.

I have not seen but 3 of these in all the years I have been looking for the slabs.

Maybe someone else can share some info on them.

I think a couple are out of place for example your ANACS 18 is actually the last of the problem free small size white slabs.

There have also been some minor new type show up in the first few years due to two different suppliers of the white inserts. There is a small difference between the two vendors.

The second yellow insert does surprise me. I was only aware of it being used during the time of the ANACS 12 slab. I don't believe I have ever seen one with a barcode before.

There is also a second variety of "problem" slab with the blue triangle logo on the front label. The logos are smaller and arranged in 3 rows of 4, 5, & 4 triangles.

Of course I'm cheating I know of varieties that haven't been published yet.

Oh and I have turned up a new variety of ANACS photocertificate that wasn't in the book or in your article. Discovered it at EAC this past May. It fits in between ANACS 4 and ANACS 5. that gives us four varieties used in 1983 and two of them used only during 1983. It is like 4, but the back label is a little larger and now includes the mm scale seen on ANACS 5, but just the scale, none of the rest of the stuff from the back of ANACS 5.

Many thanks to all of the info.

I am working on a different slab type set.

Conder101 I did post here for you to look it over and I was hoping you would correct me.

Since I don't have your book I was only post this the best I could and I did not want to label them as you might have or call them anything close to types you would use, I just want to put some label on them to use as a referance in this thread. I only used the serial number as a way to put them in some kind of order.

Thanks for the photo cert update. I don't find those much anymore. But I keep looking.

Any chance that a new book might be out soon?

"I think a couple are out of place for example your ANACS 18 is actually the last of the problem free small size white slabs" Conder101

I did check this slab again and it is the larger size slab and this is the only type I have seen with a leading zero in the serial number.

So I have it as the first one with the larger slabs.

139995.jpg.80511b21a2657e0bfb4293a36f9b746f.jpg

139996.jpg.5b964c67d2695c451172eb89d1458f0d.jpg

Here is a couple I would like to share, these both I did send in along time ago. But they are both in a problem slab and I have them as the same style as the ANACS 22 but because they are detailed graded maybe they should be there own type and number.

139997.jpg.95c6fd0f1562df18479501bb4fe8b46b.jpg

139998.jpg.3c7dd3dc58e15eb15a31cd6c9d7554e6.jpg

139999.jpg.4071ba7108fc3454a841934d1a2bd140.jpg

140000.jpg.362ce10b7281993bef20efcadc1fddb3.jpg

Here is a couple I would like to share, these both I did send in along time ago. But they are both in a problem slab and I have them as the same style as the ANACS 22 but because they are detailed graded maybe they should be there own type and number.

Unless the slab was different (including a different colored label, etc.), I think they are still representative of the same slab type and would probably be best grouped together as ANACS 22.

I really like these small ANACS holders. I only have 2, an 1839-O CBH without barcode and an 1892 Barber 10C with the barcode. Neat information here.... thanks. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

When would this coin have been slabbed...... rough time frome ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

101_1875.jpg

That would be the first type that ANACS put out under the new ownership of AMOS Press. That happened in 1990 so these slabs were released in the first few years before the serial numbers changed styles to all numbers.

So this thread was fresh in my mind while I was at my local coin shop today and believe it or not they have a yellow genuine label the one with 2 letters and 4 numbers. If anyone is interested in it send me a pm and I will see what I can get it for.

Nick

There is also a second variety of "problem" slab with the blue triangle logo on the front label. The logos are smaller and arranged in 3 rows of 4, 5, & 4 triangles.

I have found what I think is the last major label type.

The triangles are purple on the label, here they look blueish. For some reason my picture is washed out.

ANACS18591cDetailgradeObv.jpgANACS18591cDetailgradeRev.jpg

Very cool, didn't realize there were so many different small white ANACS holders. I knew of a few of them, but not this many differences between them!

Just picked up these at a local show over the weekend:

1885ANACSroll1200o.jpg

1885ANACSroll1200r.jpg

Thanks for the post,

I saw your set ATS and was amazed that there were still 20 together, with just the 'PK' letters.

I for one always look for the slabs in some kind of serial number order and if I find a set, I will try to buy the set.