• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

royal birth.

7 posts in this topic

is anyone else excited about the birth of the next king or queen..i can't wait to see the coins minted for this big occasion.there are only 105 coins that have william and kate april 29 wedding date and this coin also has the privy of the day they announced to the world that they are expecting a baby.2011 double sovereign gold coin...the last birth was william and i have seen a couple of coins of his birth.i like to hear from someone that has this coin also//i had mine graded and put in plastic coin holder so.to protect the coin from damage...with only 105 coins that is a real exclusive group that has this coin here is a pic of mine post yours mine is the only one i have seen..... i tried to add a pic but i need help too do that

I read somewhere that the Royal Mint was producing 2,013 silver coins to honor the baby's birth, and was planning to distribute them to other children born the same day. There would necessarily be some excess; I wonder if these may come available to the public. With a tiny mintage, I do think they would be collectible.

Here's a link for the boys silver cent. http://www.royalmint.com/shop/The_2013_Silver_Penny_for_Boys

At the bottom of the page there is a link for the girls. They are currently priced at £28.00, so about $40 USD? Anyhow, I think the only thing special about the cents that will be given to the children born the same day is the fact they will be free. Pretty cool item if you ask me.

Anyhow, I think the only thing special about the cents that will be given to the children born the same day is the fact they will be free. Pretty cool item if you ask me.

(thumbs u 28 pounds is far too much IMO.