• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bahamas Proof Set

5 posts in this topic

I have a 1974FM Bahamas Proof Set. I don't normally buy world coin but I like this one. Here's the break down:

Cent NGC PF 70, Only one of it's kind.

5C NGC PF 69

10c NGC PF 69

15c NGC PF 69

25c NGC PF 69

50c NGC PF 69

$1 NGC PF 69

$2 NGC PF 69

$5 NGC PF 69

As I said it's not my thing. Does any one know what it's worth,(to a world coin collector?

It's for sale. I'll try to price it later.

Thanks

I have the #1 registry sets for Bahamas MS sets for 50c, $1 and $2..also $5 but NGC nixed all of my PCGS coins so none of these sets are complete anymore on the registry page....

I also have complete proof sets of ungraded 1969 through 1976 but then I no longer liked the designs with a lot of the commemorative for Independence--Dianna and jubillee stuff....

Value as always is what someone is willing to pay---I suspect you could break up the set and get more money on somewhere like ebay ( and also add to ebay coffers)..

Raw proof sets of the 1974--which is possibly the highest mintage year--sell for about $75 ( they have 2.87 oz of silver ASW and used to sell for around $100 before the silver fall in value)...

With the set already slabbed--if someone wants a slabbed set--I would figure the price to be $75 plus 8x $15 slab fee and maybe a few bucks extra for the 70...so guessing around $220 to $250....

as a Bahamas coinage collector (possibly the pre-eminent collector of Bahamian coinage)--I'd offer you a full $250 for the set.....I hope you don't feel insulted by the offer if you were hoping for more--

Like I said, it ultimately is worth what someone is willing to pay--consider the $250 offer..or maybe someone will offer more.......Jackson

I think $250 is fair and i'll jump at the chance. do you mind using paypal? if not let me know.

paypal is: stevennewport@yahoo.com.

Let me know. Best send to my email and here. I never know where i'll be. Would you consider splitting the shipping?

Do you collect British Virgin Island?

I have the:

1973FM Cent PR 67 RB UC

1974FM 5C PF 68 UC

1974FM 10C UC

1973 25C PF67 UC

1974FM 50C PF 65 C

1974FM Silver $1 PF 67 UC

Not a full set. Let me know what you would pay for these if they interest you.

Thanks

Steven N.