• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission by amarillo

14 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

One or Five

I have an error silver eagle that i am going to submit as a error coin. This coin has been graded before; i know that i can not submit ungraded with graded coin. My question is can i submit the error coin only, or do i have to submit a total of five coins on two submission forms? Don

See more journals by amarillo

Don, You may want to hold onto that Silver Eagle variety. I don't think there are any variety Eagles listed. Don't think NGC will make a new variety. I believe it has to be on their list of varieties. I have one here that is a 1989 Double Date and never sent it in for the same reason.

Rick

I was thinking of asking; ask NGC about the silver eagle's varieties and see what thay have to say and how many there may be if any, "O" well time well tell i hope, thank's Don

Don,

Is your eagle a "variety" like a double date or a "mint error" like a strike thru? NGC will grade mint errors but the only variety I believe they have graded is the 08 with 07 reverse.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey, This may be a die clash or a double die on the reverse side all of the lettering has some doubling, it is not like the lincoln penny double die, it could be a die clash only. I like to know it's driving me nut's. Don

Well Don,

I see that you need to send a pic to Max. If you get something started I will get you the one I have too. I will do a journal on it in a few more days so you can see a pic. There is no sun today so it will have to wait.

Rick

well i am in wichita, for about two or three more days; i'll see if i can fine some one that dose this type of image, i live in new mexico and the town i live in is about 100 miles from water and two from hell. amarillo texas, is the closet town to me and it is 110 miles away.

will i went to the coin dealer here in wichita, KS; and the dealer had looked it over a he said that it is NOT a double die, he think's it may be a light die clash. To bad i was hoping for some thing good; just my luck, thank's for looking,. Don