• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Horrendous NGC Service - Day 109 Part 2 posted by DrDarryl

15 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Quality of Service?

This post is to get the ball rolling on the NGC investigation and to provide information to the VP who has contacted me.

My complaint is for the quality of service for invoices:

This quality of service has made me endure 109 days of wait.

It also make a point for the individual who is an NGC advocate who has not been open to understand my situation and is biased in NGC defense.

I have been re-purposing my journal entries (will restore them in the future) and have been posting my dissatisfaction on a daily basis.

13118.jpg

See more journals by DrDarryl

Sir you must be a complete idoit here it is 8:20 am est, a full 40 mins before NGC opens on the day you were told by the VP of this great company that he would look into your problem and contact you. And here you are making a FOOL of yourself yet again I would love to know who you worked for so I could inform them of how you conduct yourself when not at work

I live in the back hills of West Virginia and even us HillBillies act better...

Dr. D, I have admired you for your expertise in your field of coin collecting for a long time but, and this is a big but, I agree with the comments being posted that reflect your lack of professional courtesy. Up to this date, I have looked to you as a silent mentor. Now, I am embarrassed for you.

In your own words and examples. . . I feel that your services to me, are now unacceptable. They have been: messed up; blundered; and of poor service.

As a former U.S. Marine I do not get mad, angry or upset. I do, however, get disappointed. Sir, I am disappointed in you and your actions in regards to this issue, that you continue to rant about on this site.

As previously stated, NGC is not even opened this morning and yet, you are calling them names even when the VP said he would look into this matter on your behalf.

I too would like to know, precisely, if your employer knows this side of your personality. IMHO, if you act like this with a coin company, I would pose this question: How do you conduct yourself with your patients?

I wish you well, Dr. D. but, IMHO, you are now WAY out of line.

Semper Fi !

Jack

I too would like to know, precisely, if your employer knows this side of your personality. IMHO, if you act like this with a coin company, I would pose this question: How do you conduct yourself with your patients?

Jack

He has a PhD, not a medical degree (thank goodness). Based on his Linkedin profile, it seems he has been in school most the past 30 years. I hope for all of humanity that his job does not include much contact with other human beings.

Please give it a rest. Your rants are getting old. The 109 days of "questionable" service is VERY interpretable as some one in one of your earlier rants broke down. A lot of companies would have written you off, but you have the VP offering to look into your case.

Give it a rest and let her/him get to work and look into it for you. You're bordering on childish....

Marcus

Really? I'm embarassed for you regarding the way you are handling this.

The VP contacted you. Why didn't you just give the information to him instead of airing your grievances to the rest of us. We can't do anything for you and I personally think it clogs up this forum with useless chatter.

I wonder if there is a way a user can be blocked from having their posts seen. If so, you may very well find yourself ranting to an audience of one.

I hope you get satisfaction if that is even possible for you and I hope we never have to read another of your rant posts.

Have a great week.

Enough is enough. We get it you are frustrated and angry but your continued rants show a lack of courtesy for your fellow collectors. At this point in the complaint process your communications should be in private emails between you and NGC not in Collectors Journals.

To put it kindly your contined Journal rants are OFF TOPIC. rantrant:signofftopic:

You will notice his Journal entries are one sided, he does not respond to any criticism. He has nothing to stand on. At first I agreed he had been poorly served. I still think so, but his reaction to it has been poor to say the least, and I have since quit feeling sorry for him. You reap what you sow.

Quality of Service?

This post is to get the ball rolling on the NGC investigation and to provide information to the VP who has contacted me.

My complaint is for the quality of service for invoices:

This quality of service has made me endure 109 days of wait.

It also make a point for the individual who is an NGC advocate who has not been open to understand my situation and is biased in NGC defense.

I have been re-purposing my journal entries (will restore them in the future) and have been posting my dissatisfaction on a daily basis.

13118.jpg

See more journals by DrDarryl

This is 2-sided, I think you owe us and NGC an apology for your childish behavior

As promised:

You're still omitting the full time line and not telling the full story; NGC has already offered you a public apology (without admitting to any wrong); and since they indicated that they would attempt to reconcile things Monday morning when they opened for business, I am not sure why you are still on this tirade. For those who aren't aware, from his previous posts, here is a more concise summary and commentary:

FACTS PER THE OP:

(1) On or about November 8, 2012, you submitted four Hawaiin medals, esoteric numismatic items, to NCS for conservation and then for forwarding to NGC for grading. The said medals were conserved successfully and there is no indication that you were unsatisfied. The medals were sent to NGC which declared them ineligible for certification/encapsulation on December 5, 2012 - less than a month later.

(2) Upon receipt you complained, and NGC allegedly claimed that the declaration of the medals as an ineligible type was in error. You shipped the items back to them on December 26, 2012, the day after Christmas and when a number of staff members are clearly on vacation. The medals are esoteric items (this part is mine).

(3) The said medals, upon resubmission, were in NGC's custody for FIFTY NINE (59) days before your post of February 22, 2013.

COMMENTARY:

(1) You submitted esoteric items to NCS and NGC. NGC simply made a mistake in identifying whether they were eligible or not (according to you - I would love to hear NGC's side of the story). It is a relatively easy mistake to be made given the esoteric nature of the items. The coins, upon return, have been in NGC's custody for less than 2 months and you sent them after the holidays when (a) there would be employees on vacation and days that NGC was closed and (b) there was a resulting back-log. Also the fact that you submitted them to NCS too should have been mentioned - the coins have been in NGC's possession for a much shorter period than suggested.

(2) The medals are esoteric and may require special research and expertise to grade and certify their authenticity. Fifty nine days, while a lot, is not inherently unreasonable given the nature of the items.

(3) I would partially fault you insofar as you haven't (or at least there is no evidence even accepting everything you say at face value) that you have had significant amounts of contact with NGC. Why you chose to rant on a public message board in a quasi-incoherent post without calling them first is unclear to me.

(4) If everything you have provided is accurate, I can understand some frustration; however, your post is over the top and is unprofessional. Acting in this manner doesn't get you any service. This is the exact sort of behavior that causes the grading services to refuse to certify some numismatic items - the complaints received are not adequately compensated by the low number of submissions. Events like this may make them hesitant to accept any similar items in the future from any submitters.

Since it is clear that you are attempting to cause harm to NGC and soil their reputation despite attempts to work with you, I will re-post this reply to every thread that you comment in regarding this item that I can find from this point forward.

At this point, the only thing that you are potentially harming is your reputation.

...This post is to get the ball rolling on the NGC investigation and to provide information to the VP who has contacted me..

Based on your posts, at this point, I don't believe that is why you continue to voice your displeasure.

...This post is to get the ball rolling on the NGC investigation and to provide information to the VP who has contacted me..

Based on your posts, at this point, I don't believe that is why you continue to voice your displeasure.

Agreed