• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Fractional POPS! posted by Kamakazy

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

New listing in Custom Sets in the Registry.

I have spent the last couple of weeks acquiring high end California Fractions with very low Pops! NGC doesn't have a competitive section for Period 2 so I have created a custom set until they do.

There are 4 there now, but I have about 65 coming over the next 4 weeks. Will update as they trickle in from various dealers.

Included a POP 1 that I have already gotten in. She is a SUPERB specimen. I have also updated a number of photos throughout the registry and try to get to uploading the rest over the next few days.

12807.JPG

See more journals by Kamakazy

Hello: I just purchased two CA frationals at the FUN show. I really did not want them,but a fellow collector needed to make a trade for a coin he was drooling over, so I took two but are not NGC graded. These are 1854 & 1853 Charm(s)one in AU58 & one in MS62. both in ICQ holders bottom of holder says CA Gold Style

Can you comment on these?

Capt. Brian

Thanks

PS. I can do a journal and upload a pix if u need it.

Capt-

There are literally hundreds of different types of Cal Gold Charms, so a photo or two would be very helpful. Some are worth very little while others are worth hundreds of dollars. ICG tends to mark each token with the "Ca Gold Style Charm" designation, which does not help much with identification. Perhaps, someday, as they do more and more of these tokens, they will begin to designate them a bit more clearly (as NGC did back in the day when they were slabbing California Gold tokens). Later. CGTG

I just realized I forgot to upload all of the CA gold fractions....

Really sorry about that. The next time I'm at the bank I will pull them all and scan. Just got busy and forgot.

K.