• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wheat Cent grades (one is steel cent)?

12 posts in this topic

What makes you say they are cleaned? They were included in a lot including 1859, 1865, and 1866 IHCs. I wasn't interesed in the 22 wheats included, they went in my Whitman book if I needed or got tossed in a coffee can with my roll finds.

I roll search and find shiny, circulated wheat cents all the time. I doubt they have been cleaned since they were in circulation. My roll finds actually look nicer than these though. I will have to post my Whitman wheat cent book. The other 20 wheat cents that came with this lot I either added to my book or tossed in a coffee can with roll finds I don't need. Since I have two different books that cover these years, I will see if I need these dates and if not they will go in the can. Strange lot, all worthless coins along with an 1866, 1865, and 1959 IHC. The only reason I bought it. It even came with a clad 1967 dime to toss in the coin machine.

I really don't understand though why these and other wheat cents were even doing in this lot. Why would you detract from the most valuable coin in the lot, 1866 IHC with bold liberty and some diamonds with a bunch of nothing? But I do find shiny wheat cents at the bank that weren't cleaned. I will post them.

We don’t need to see pictures of the shiny cents you found at the bank. Even if the coins above were not cleaned they are still circulated and not worth more than 10 cents.