Request a new NGC Registry Set Category here! (Updated 12/05/2019)
24 24

873 posts in this topic

16 posts

My first reaction to this request was "Why...." On the other hand, and on reflection, I was being snobbish. Collecting can be expensive and there are a lot of folks who are entry level collectors and modern quarters are interesting and don't break the bank. With that in mind why not provide folks with the opportunity to compete in many different ways in this realm. I'm not being clear--i need to get my coffee before I muddle my response any worse.. 

I agree with the requestor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
22 hours ago, BlakeEik said:

State Quarters and ATB Quarters have separate silver sets, so why not this one?

Thank you for the request, BlakeEik.

We will research this request and email you when a decision has been reached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 post

I would like to see a registry set for U.S. Mint errors. I trust NGC can assign appropriate points.  If points cannot fairly be assigned, then consider creating a non-competitive category for mint errors.   Thanks for allowing input. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
9 minutes ago, Walkabout said:

I would like to see a registry set for U.S. Mint errors. I trust NGC can assign appropriate points.  If points cannot fairly be assigned, then consider creating a non-competitive category for mint errors.   Thanks for allowing input. 

Hello, Walkabout.

As we discussed via email, mint errors are not eligible for the competitive NGC Registry. Due to the unique nature of mint errors, there is no fair manner to assess Registry scores for one coin in relation to the other. Thank you for your interest, and please let us know when we may assist next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 posts

Very Interesting.... This is something that collectors would be interested in!  I'm sure that the Mint would be overjoyed to see their mishaps displayed (Heh-Heh) to the world! Seriously though, I'm all for this as it is another avenue to get folks engagad in the hobby.

I would like to see the suggestor come up with a strawman that folks could look at. I do like the idea of a non-competitive set. As far as the Mint goes, with the billions of coins they strike I think they have done a pretty good job and I would hope that they wouldn't take umbrage.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
40 minutes ago, Robaire said:

Very Interesting.... This is something that collectors would be interested in!  I'm sure that the Mint would be overjoyed to see their mishaps displayed (Heh-Heh) to the world! Seriously though, I'm all for this as it is another avenue to get folks engagad in the hobby.

I would like to see the suggestor come up with a strawman that folks could look at. I do like the idea of a non-competitive set. As far as the Mint goes, with the billions of coins they strike I think they have done a pretty good job and I would hope that they wouldn't take umbrage.   

Thank you for the feedback, Robaire.

In the future, we will be adding Custom Sets to the new NGC Registry on NGCcoin.com. Mint Errors would be good candidates for Custom Sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

Can we get the First Spouse Medals set moved under US Tokens & Medals where it should be? 

Edited by Jinxmeister
clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
10 hours ago, Jinxmeister said:

Can we get the First Spouse Medals set moved under US Tokens & Medals where it should be? 

Hello. 

Thank you for your interest. We will look into this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63 posts

How about making this set?

2006 W Gold and Silver Anniversary Set Coins (no special label required)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
4 minutes ago, BlakeEik said:

How about making this set?

2006 W Gold and Silver Anniversary Set Coins (no special label required)

Thank you for the interest, Blake.

I will assume you are referring to US Eagle anniversary coinage. Our team has concluded that the two coins you mention are more suitable for a Custom NGC Registry set. The coins you mention also do live elsewhere in NGC Registry competitive sets. Please let us know if you need assistance finding where they are eligible in those sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63 posts

Thanks Ali. Great news. 

Are you going to fix the others sets that break your own rule?  Start with the 2016 Anniversary set ... and the Coin and Chronicles set. These allow coins without the proper label so I am sure you will take swift action on them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
18 minutes ago, BlakeEik said:

Thanks Ali. Great news. 

Are you going to fix the others sets that break your own rule?  Start with the 2016 Anniversary set ... and the Coin and Chronicles set. These allow coins without the proper label so I am sure you will take swift action on them. 

 

The Coin and Chronicles Set labels do say 30th Anniversary on their labels. The full description of an NGC label in our grading screen is not always visible in the NGC Registry. Here is an example of a Silver Eagle from the C&C set:

https://www.moderncoinmart.com/2016-w-1-proof-american-silver-eagle-from-ronald-reagan-coin-and-chronicles-set-ngc-pf69-uc-early-releases.html

We carefully check to ensure the correct coins are eligible in all sets. If you need assistance with any other Registry sets, please let us know. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 posts

Hello,

I see you added the Statehood & US Territories Quarters, 2005-2009, SMS thank you so much.  I was wondering though if you could actually make it 2005-2010 including the America the Beautiful SMS quarters? That way it would be a full set of SMS quarters and not have the last year left off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
42 minutes ago, Holy Toledo said:

Hello,

I see you added the Statehood & US Territories Quarters, 2005-2009, SMS thank you so much.  I was wondering though if you could actually make it 2005-2010 including the America the Beautiful SMS quarters? That way it would be a full set of SMS quarters and not have the last year left off.

Hello, and thank you for the request and interest. 

That type of set structure is more suitable for a Custom Registry set. Please let us know when we may assist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 posts

Hi all,

I would like to ask for a new set:

1. "Australia Silver $1, 2019, Proof" since we are more than halfway through 2019 already. There are individual annual sets for each year from 2008 - 2018

 

I would like to ask for an edit of this existing set:

1. "Australia One Dollar, Commemorative, 1986-2016, Proof" (link here https://www.ngccoin.hk/registry/competitive/australia/australia-commemorative/3805/1/ ) to be extended through 2019, or just use "1986 to date"

 

Cheers,

Lawrence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
6 hours ago, ilLOminatus said:

Hi all,

I would like to ask for a new set:

1. "Australia Silver $1, 2019, Proof" since we are more than halfway through 2019 already. There are individual annual sets for each year from 2008 - 2018

 

I would like to ask for an edit of this existing set:

1. "Australia One Dollar, Commemorative, 1986-2016, Proof" (link here https://www.ngccoin.hk/registry/competitive/australia/australia-commemorative/3805/1/ ) to be extended through 2019, or just use "1986 to date"

 

Cheers,

Lawrence

Hello, Lawrence.

Thank you for the requests. The Silver 2019 $1 Proof Set is already here: https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/australia/australia-commemorative/7200/1/. Due to  the large size of the 1986-2016 set, we have chosen to end that set there and focus on the sets per year. Please let us know when we may assist next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 posts
On 7/29/2019 at 7:59 PM, Ali E. said:

Hello, Lawrence.

Thank you for the requests. The Silver 2019 $1 Proof Set is already here: https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/australia/australia-commemorative/7200/1/. Due to  the large size of the 1986-2016 set, we have chosen to end that set there and focus on the sets per year. Please let us know when we may assist next.

That 2019 Proof set is going to need these additional slots (so far):

  1. 2019 Swan
  2. 2019 Birds of Paradise
  3. 2019 Year of the Pig (RAM)
  4. 2019 Year of the Pig (Perth Mint)
  5. 2019 Year of the Pig colorized (Perth Mint)
  6. 2019 Year of the Pig High relief (Perth Mint)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
On 8/2/2019 at 10:50 PM, ilLOminatus said:

That 2019 Proof set is going to need these additional slots (so far):

  1. 2019 Swan
  2. 2019 Birds of Paradise
  3. 2019 Year of the Pig (RAM)
  4. 2019 Year of the Pig (Perth Mint)
  5. 2019 Year of the Pig colorized (Perth Mint)
  6. 2019 Year of the Pig High relief (Perth Mint)

 

 

 

Thank you for the requests, Lawrence.

We will get those slots added soon. The Bird of Paradise and Swan coins are MS, not proof. Please let us know when we may assist next.

Edited by Ali E.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

Hello,

Can Stolberg counties be added to the list of German States registry sets? Most interesting sets probably would be:

Thalers, Stolberg-Wernigerode, Commemorative Issues

Thalers, Stolberg-Wernigerode, Circulation Issues

Gold Ducates, Stolberg-Wernigerode

Gold Ducates, Stolberg-Stolberg

Fractional Ducates, Stolberg-Stolberg (maybe unify with Gold Ducates under same set)

Fractional Ducates, Stolberg-Rossla

200 years of Reformation by Martin Luther, Stolberg-Stolberg, Commemorative Issue of 1717

Best regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
7 hours ago, SilverStag said:

Hello,

Can Stolberg counties be added to the list of German States registry sets? Most interesting sets probably would be:

Thalers, Stolberg-Wernigerode, Commemorative Issues

Thalers, Stolberg-Wernigerode, Circulation Issues

Gold Ducates, Stolberg-Wernigerode

Gold Ducates, Stolberg-Stolberg

Fractional Ducates, Stolberg-Stolberg (maybe unify with Gold Ducates under same set)

Fractional Ducates, Stolberg-Rossla

200 years of Reformation by Martin Luther, Stolberg-Stolberg, Commemorative Issue of 1717

Best regards

Thank you for the requests, SilverStag.

Can you please send any of your NGC certification numbers to registry@ngccoin.com, so we may research this? Thanks very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553 posts

Ali,

How about Great Britain Decimal Era Sterling Silver Proofs and Piedforts? (multiple denominations, multiple years)

 

Examples? 1990 5p, 1992 10p, 1997 50p. But one also has to consider the sterling proof round pounds and the renewed sixpence.

Edited by VKurtB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
1 hour ago, VKurtB said:

Ali,

How about Great Britain Decimal Era Sterling Silver Proofs and Piedforts? (multiple denominations, multiple years)

 

Examples? 1990 5p, 1992 10p, 1997 50p. But one also has to consider the sterling proof round pounds and the renewed sixpence.

Thanks for the requests, VKurtB.

Can you please send any relevant certification numbers you may have to registry@ngccoin.com? We do have all of these competitive NGC Registry sets available now: https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/united-kingdom/great-britain-decimal-1971-date/

We appreciate your support.

Edited by Ali E.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 post

Could you make a set for Venezuela 20 bolivars from 1904-1912 and 1879-1888, thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553 posts
8 hours ago, Ali E. said:

Thanks for the requests, VKurtB.

Can you please send any relevant certification numbers you may have to registry@ngccoin.com? We do have all of these competitive NGC Registry sets available now: https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive/united-kingdom/great-britain-decimal-1971-date/

We appreciate your support.

I’ll work up a few from pieces I have, plus some I don’t, but I consider part of such a set. All will be sterling, not cupronickel or other circulation alloys, all will be proofs, and some, but not all, will be piedfort. (Double thickness.) It’s kind of the proofs not usually part of a full denomination proof set.

 

Another description might be Sterling Silver proofs from small leatherette cases.

Edited by VKurtB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
On 8/28/2019 at 3:41 PM, LJSO said:

Could you make a set for Venezuela 20 bolivars from 1904-1912 and 1879-1888, thanks 

Thanks for the request, LJSO.

Our team will look into the request and get back to you via email when a decision has been made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
17 hours ago, VKurtB said:

I’ll work up a few from pieces I have, plus some I don’t, but I consider part of such a set. All will be sterling, not cupronickel or other circulation alloys, all will be proofs, and some, but not all, will be piedfort. (Double thickness.) It’s kind of the proofs not usually part of a full denomination proof set.

 

Another description might be Sterling Silver proofs from small leatherette cases.

VKurtB, what you describe is more appropriate for a Custom NGC Registry set. We see you already have created Custom Sets under your account. If you need any assistance, please let us know. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
553 posts
1 hour ago, Ray DiRossi said:

looking through the type sets

didn't see a First year issue type set

for either basic type set - No Gold

or

Basic type set including modern issue

would love to see type sets which focus exclusively on the first year of issue

 

 

 

+1. Maybe even first and last for series that are closed sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,369 posts
10 hours ago, VKurtB said:

+1. Maybe even first and last for series that are closed sets.

VKurtB, First year sets are more appropriate for a Custom NGC Registry set. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
24 24