• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1890-CC Morgan GTG *GRADE REVEALED*

21 posts in this topic

Well it's a an AU-58. For the life of me I can not see any wear and it matches up to MS-63/64 I have.

I guess if it was really MS, it would have a gold bean ???

1890cc+obv_zpsa7addcf3.jpg

Wow!

I think PCGS blew this one.

I can't see any trace of wear on either side.

As I mentioned, there's a slight blemish on Liberty's neck, but it's not severe enough, IMO, to hold it back to an AU.

Wow!

As I mentioned, there's a slight blemish on Liberty's neck, but it's not severe enough, IMO, to hold it back to an AU.

I doubt that PCGS got it wrong. They saw the coin in hand, while we are trying to evaluate it, based on an image - advantage PCGS.

I guessed MS62, because there looked to be a lot of disturbance on Liberty's cheek. And it's quite possible, that what looked like lots of light chatter, was the result of light circulation.

Wow!

I doubt that PCGS got it wrong. They saw the coin in hand, while we are trying to evaluate it, based on an image - advantage PCGS.

I guessed MS62, because there looked to be a lot of disturbance on Liberty's cheek. And it's quite possible, that what looked like lots of light chatter, was the result of light circulation.

My thoughts exactly... I had this as a 62, but I was also thinking AU58, but did not want to offend people with that.

Wow!

My thoughts exactly... I had this as a 62, but I was also thinking AU58, but did not want to offend people with that.

I honestly couldn't see any wear in the IMAGES alone but seeing it in hand is always much better. An in hand inspection may have told a different story.

I have it in one hand with a hammer in the other. But haven't cracked it out yet.

Perhaps send it in for a crossover at a higher grade....do TPG's allow crossovers if a higher grade (minimum) is part of the review?

I have it in one hand with a hammer in the other. But haven't cracked it out yet.

Perhaps send it in for a crossover at a higher grade....do TPG's allow crossovers if a higher grade (minimum) is part of the review?

No.

Don't use a hammer, you could hit your hand and it really hurts, drive over it with your car instead

I use to own this coin and AU58 is an accurate grade.

Pieces like this are market graded into 61 or 62 holders all the time though. With a touch better obverse luster, it would look right at home in an MS62 slab!

It depends on the monitor I guess

I am looking at the coin on this one at work and would never had said

64 seeing all the background chatter I see on this monitor.

I would say NO on CRACK also