• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New NGC coins only view

8 posts in this topic

I just want to say thanks for this new feature, I like it alot. Its allways been great that NGC has allowed the use of another TPG slab in the registry but this is a cool new feature. One question I have is could this lead to a new set of registry awards for NGC sets only? Not a bad thing in my mind.

I fear that this "new view" is intended to acclimate us for (and build support for) an NGC-Only U.S. Coins Registry after the Registry Awards at the end of the year.

Hi Guys, this is somewhat old news, and Max has already addressed concerns in a thread in the NGC Journals section. His reply is below (I bolded a bit for you):

Thanks for the posts. This feature was added based on feedback we received from Registry users who wanted to compete in an exclusively NGC Registry.

For those that want to continue to use the classic view of the NGC Registry no change needs to be made. The "All Coins" view is the default. If you want your sets scored only based on NGC-certified coins, simply click "NGC Coins." Your setting will be saved if you are logged but you can switch back to the "All Coins" view at anytime. We believe that this feature allows the best of both worlds.

There are no plans to exclude PCGS-certified US coins from the NGC Registry at any point in the future. This is just an optional view for people who want to see scores and ranks for NGC-certified coins only. You can read more about these enhancements here.

We plan to continue to release new features for the NGC Registry that make it more fun and appealing to collectors.

The original thread can be found here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5855820&fpart=1

I fear that this "new view" is intended to acclimate us for (and build support for) an NGC-Only U.S. Coins Registry after the Registry Awards at the end of the year.

If that is true NGC will be the poorer for it. One of the reasons why this registry has it all over the one ATS is that it is open to a far large sampling of coins. The acceptance of both PCGS and NGC graded coins makes this registry far superior IMO.

Hi Guys, this is somewhat old news, and Max has already addressed concerns in a thread in the NGC Journals section. His reply is below (I bolded a bit for you):

Thanks for the posts. This feature was added based on feedback we received from Registry users who wanted to compete in an exclusively NGC Registry.

For those that want to continue to use the classic view of the NGC Registry no change needs to be made. The "All Coins" view is the default. If you want your sets scored only based on NGC-certified coins, simply click "NGC Coins." Your setting will be saved if you are logged but you can switch back to the "All Coins" view at anytime. We believe that this feature allows the best of both worlds.

There are no plans to exclude PCGS-certified US coins from the NGC Registry at any point in the future. This is just an optional view for people who want to see scores and ranks for NGC-certified coins only. You can read more about these enhancements here.

We plan to continue to release new features for the NGC Registry that make it more fun and appealing to collectors.

The original thread can be found here: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5855820&fpart=1

That is good news. That's why this site wins out.

I hope they continue to allow both PCGS and NGC coins. Even-though most of my graded coins are NGC it is nice to have them in one spot.

I certainly hope so also and baised on the replys from our host I dont think thay have any other plans in that regard. But to be honest I would think that handing out awards; the type you can place in your sig line for example; for the NGC only coin sets(full or partial) would be a smart marketing move.