• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1806 half cent

8 posts in this topic

After seeing the other post I was inspired to image mine and see what you all would grade her. The color are a nice chocolate brown but the photos are much lighter to show the detail.

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1400.jpg

The variety is 1806, Cohen 1. In the Red Book it's the "Small 6, No Stems" variety. This is the most common 1806 half cent variety, and it is an R-1.

Assuming that the photos are overexposed, I'd grade the coin EF-40. My guess is when you step back and look at the piece that most of hair detail shows. It has enough minor marks to preclude a higher grade.

BillJones you are correct in your assessment. The coin does show much more detail than the photos and is darker in color. My guess was 40-45. It sits nicely in my 7070 but she is quite lonely on the EAC page. Not my cup of tea, was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Thanks for the input gentlemen.