• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a market for 70's Franklin Mint silver?

6 posts in this topic

Only if you have complete sets and you can find some one who want it for the set. It's really a shame because a lot of Franklin Mint material is really superior work.

And of now that silver is so high it is even harder to find a collector market for the sets just because of the metal cost.

So on the flip side, if I want to acquire some FM material at melt price, are there websites or dealers that facilitate in FM material or is it just too obscure?

After silver reached about $5 per ounce any premiums I had previously seen associated with these pieces vanished and have not returned. Complete sets, as Conder noted, can fetch a premium and of course if the subject matter is interesting you may want to pay a premium or hold out for a premium. At this time the only place I find these in any quantity are on ebay.

I remember, during the first boom, Deak-Perera bank, in the city, tried to make a market for this stuff. They issued buy-sells on all the different sets. That lasted about a year. I sold them some sets......I'm sure they took some lumps......

Paul